PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good price?

Diznut
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Hi there,
I just booked a 7 night 8 day vacation for myself, my husband and our 2 kids (ages 3 and 6). We got the counter service meal plan, staying at the Pop century, and basic park pass (no hopper). We're going in May.
Paid $2050
Is that good??
Thanks!

faline
01-10-2011, 06:32 PM
I'd suggest having Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/)take over your reservation. They can help you determine if you can get a better deal and what might work best for your family. There is no cost to you for this service!!

Ian
01-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Don't have enough information to say for sure ... what are your dates? The time you go makes such a difference.

At first glance, it seems a tad high to me. I'd expect that to be more in the $1,900 - $2,100 range, but again when you go has so much influence over the price. If it's during peak season then I'd say you did well. If it's value season then I think you could do better.

Diznut
01-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I checked in with Magical Journey and they quoted me the exact same amount. So I'm thinking that's the best I'll do. I think $500 a person for 1 weeks vaca including hotel, food, and entertainment is pretty good. Thanks for the feedback.

Ian
01-11-2011, 06:22 AM
I checked in with Magical Journey and they quoted me the exact same amount. So I'm thinking that's the best I'll do. I think $500 a person for 1 weeks vaca including hotel, food, and entertainment is pretty good. Thanks for the feedback.Actually you're right ... what had me confused was back in 2007 we stayed at Pop Century for a week, with the basic meal plan (one step above the counter service plan), and we only paid about $1,500.

But I was talking about it with DW afterwards and she reminded me that that didn't include park admission, since we all had AP's at the time! So yeah ... I'd say yout got a pretty good deal. :thumbsup: