PDA

View Full Version : How far is it to walk?

Silver_Surfer
01-10-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm staying at the CBR and the offsite bus(KSC) is picking us up at the All Start Music Resort at 6:50am. I dont think the buses start running this early so thinking about walking if its possible. Is this walkable? Hoe far is it?
Thanks!

PopPhan
01-10-2011, 12:32 PM
That distance is NOT walkable! Take a look at the detailed WDW property map:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/images/disneyworld_map.gif

You are literally talking miles of walking between CBT and the closest of the All Stars resorts.

You will either need your own vehicle or take a cab between resorts.

Even if buses WERE running at that hour, there is no resort-to-resort bus route.

Silver_Surfer
01-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Boy DW is really big!

Thanks!

Scar
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM
It would be a 3 mile walk down Buena Vist Dr.

Silver_Surfer
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
It would be a 3 mile walk down Buena Vist Dr.

I don't think DL has 3 miles if you walked around it. I guess this is why it's called Disney World!

Sooo Will a cab come and take me and the fam a few miles in the early am?

Scar
01-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Sooo Will a cab come and take me and the fam a few miles in the early am?Yup, as long as you have money. The front desk should be able to arrange that for you (the cab, not the money. ;))

faline
01-10-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't think DL has 3 miles if you walked around it. I guess this is why it's called Disney World!

Sooo Will a cab come and take me and the fam a few miles in the early am?

Yes, it is very different from California where you can essentially walk everywhere!

At Disney World, cabs are generally readily available outside each resort though you might not notice them. Jut let someone at bell services know you need one and they'll page one for you!

Silver_Surfer
01-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Gotcha:)

Disney4us2
01-10-2011, 07:04 PM
We were at All Star Movies in early Dec. We took a taxi to CBR for the remainder of our stay. The fare was about $13.50 not including tip. There were actually taxi's waiting and bell services just waved and our taxi came over.

CleveRocks
01-10-2011, 10:38 PM
In a big city or in a big tourist area, there is NEVER a need to pre-arrange a taxi at your hotel. They'll be waiting there 24 hours a day, and if not, a Bell Services cast member can get one there for you in about 3 minutes. If they do this for you, a tip would be customary.

Polynesian Dweller
01-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Boy DW is really big!

It sure is! It's twice the size of Manhatten Island, really.

CleveRocks
01-11-2011, 08:15 AM
47 square miles. Twice the size of Manhattan Island. The size of the city of San Francisco.

Silver_Surfer
01-11-2011, 03:35 PM
47 square miles. Twice the size of Manhattan Island. The size of the city of San Francisco.

I'm gonna need new shoes:confused:

mom2morgan
01-11-2011, 04:39 PM
In a big city or in a big tourist area, there is NEVER a need to pre-arrange a taxi at your hotel. They'll be waiting there 24 hours a day, and if not, a Bell Services cast member can get one there for you in about 3 minutes. If they do this for you, a tip would be customary.

This reminds me of my BIGGEST mistake for getting to off site destinations (Seaworld, Universal). On two trips I arranged with Mears or Murray Hill (another private car service) for transportation - and felt very limited by pre-arranged pick up times. It finally dawned on me that both our resorts AND those parks are literally TEEMING with cabs just waiting for a fare, and the cost is almost identical for a family of 4. Never again will I arrange a car service!

mom2morgan
01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
LOL - yep, and a comfy pair for sure :-) I've been to both, and I don't actually find the walking FEELS a lot different at WDW - and Disneyland you HAVE to walk everywhere, and in the heat of the day with sore feet the trek down DTD from the parks to the DL hotel can feel pretty long. At WDW you are going out to (and getting off at) a bus stop, so I don't actually think the walking is any "more" - unless you decide to do something insane ;-)

PopPhan
01-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Make sure they are well broken in before you arrive! Even so, you are apt to have 'hot spots' and possibly blisters before the end of your visit. LOTS of walking!!

For example: Just to walk the whole way around World Showcase lagoon, it is well over a mile.

The distance from some of the bus drop-offs to the park entrances seem like they are nearly a mile! ;)