PDA

View Full Version : Best ribs at WDW

mickeyd
01-10-2011, 12:40 AM
I'll be travelling to WDW with my Dad, who loves BBQ ribs. Where can you get the best ribs at WDW?

disneydeb
01-10-2011, 03:36 AM
We like the counter service at Flame Tree Barbeque for all meats barbequed. :mickey:

DizneyRox
01-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Just like there is no good pizza at WDW, there are no really great ribs either... But, I do enjoy the fare at Flame Tree BBQ, and have the recipe for the rub. Just made some the other day, and they were fantastic...

BW Fan
01-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Best ribs are at the Hoop-de-doo review:mickey:

SBETigg
01-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Flametree might be your best bet. I haven't tried but ribs are listed at: Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge, Turf Club at Saratoga Springs, Trail's End at Fort Wilderness, Maya Grill at Coronado Springs, Big River Grill at the Boardwalk. Not sure about the ribs at Sci-Fi Dine In, but I know they're on the menu.

wildernesslady
01-10-2011, 09:06 AM
I liked the ribs at Yak & Yeti. Very flavorful and fall off the bone.

crltkcagle
01-10-2011, 09:46 AM
My DH is a rib and bbq expert and he says the best ribs are at Whispering Canyon! He orders the all you can eat platter every time we go.

MOJoe
01-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I live a couple of hours from Memphis TN, which is world famous for BBQ. And here in my hometown, i can walk to one of the best rib joints anywhere, in less than 3 minutes. They use a dry rub, and hickory smoke them to a juicy, flavorful perfection.

Nothing like that exists in WDW.

But if i had to try, i would say Flame Tree is the best choice. And Sci-Fi is most likely the worst choice.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Like most others, another nod to Flame Tree BBQ. I'm hardly and expert, but they were good, and in our case were simply a CS option on the dining plan. Probably one of the cheapest place to get them.

I do recall getting them at Whispering Canyon a couple years back, also good, but more expensive.

cer
01-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I have had good ribs at Yak and Yeti. I have never been to Flame Tree, so I cannot comment on those.

TheRustyScupper
01-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Just like there is no good pizza at WDW, there are no really great ribs either... But, I do enjoy the fare at Flame Tree BBQ . . .

1) Unfortunately, DizneyRox is correct.
2) Flame Tree comes closest to "real" BBQ ribs.
3) But, still no BBQ Ribs awards at WDW.

Going2HeavenRU
01-11-2011, 08:08 PM
I can add another vote for Yak n Yeti. I really loved their ribs and am looking forward to getting them again on my next trip.

Fastpasssteve
01-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Both the Whispering Canyon and Yak & Yeti have good ribs, although different in nature. WC has the most traditional American BBQ ribs and they are all-you-can eat...along with other sides. Yum!

Best of luck. Enjoy your trip!

big blue and hairy
01-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Maya used to have good ribs, but unfortunately no more. I really like the ribs at Flametree. It is my favorite CS.

:sulley:

Mogie
01-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Flame Tree BBQ hands down. Theres even a cool place to sit outside in the back where you have a great view of Everest across the lake.

finaldynasty
01-12-2011, 03:55 PM
I liked the ribs at Yak & Yeti. Very flavorful and fall off the bone.

:ditto:

twinboyz
01-14-2011, 01:13 PM
:ditto:
Best ribs are at the Hoop-de-doo review:mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
01-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Flame Tree BBQ hands down. Theres even a cool place to sit outside in the back where you have a great view of Everest across the lake.

I discovered this hidden gem while looking for a trash can on my out of FlameTree during my last trip and was so amazed at that beautiful place to sit. I was so disappointed I had not found it until I was done, and I think I look forward to eating ribs while watching Everest from this spot more than any other thing for my to-be-determined next trip.

It was just so beautiful back there!

KathyMO
01-14-2011, 03:21 PM
But if i had to try, i would say Flame Tree is the best choice. And Sci-Fi is most likely the worst choice.

:exactly:

I agree. Sci-Fi has the worst ribs I have ever tasted. Flame Tree is very good.

Strawberry's in Holcomb, MO has the best ribs I have ever tasted. We live about a 100 miles from Memphis, TN and there's a lot of great BBQ in this area.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
01-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Definitely Whispering Canyon. I like Hoop Dee Doo's ribs too, but Whispering Canyon are the best I've had anywhere on property.

Harriet
01-15-2011, 07:00 AM
The Ribs at T-Rex are very good. I do agree the Flame Tree were the best within the parks.

Jpxv
01-15-2011, 11:32 AM
I agree Whispering Canyon has amazing ribs as well as a delicious all you can eat BBQ platter.