PDA

View Full Version : Skipping Epcot?

KennyandKim
01-09-2011, 03:17 PM
We are thinking about skipping Epcot on our trip in Sept. It seems like alot of people visit Epcot more than once on their trip. What do you find to do in Epcot that long? The only things we have found we liked at Epcot was Soarin and Fast Track and those are two things we could do without on our trip.

We aren't that into visiting the shops in the different countries. Our kids are older as well do you think this has anything to do with it?

caryrae
01-09-2011, 03:35 PM
EPCOT is our 2nd favorite park. We love walking around the countries and do their attractions and look through the shops. Some people like EPCOT a lot and some maybe not so much just depends on you. We can do what we like in one day ourselves since most trips it's just my wife and I and we can get through things at a good pace if we want to.

This last trip we went into Innoventions which for some reason we don't always do and found a neat attraction called "Storm Struck: The Tale of Two Homes". There are some pretty fun things to do in this building that I think can get passes up.

KylesMom
01-09-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm curious - how much "older" are your kids?

At about the age of 11, DS fell in love with all of the experiences at Epcot. Now, with our trip on the horizon, he'll be 13 1/2 & it's his "chosen" park of the day. He loves interacting with CMs from other countries, seeing their histories/cultures, and from a "computer geek's" standpoint, all of the interactive things that Epcot has to offer.

Epcot's known for its potential lack of appeal for younger kids, but not older - that's why I'm curious about your childrens' ages . . .

My mistake - just saw your kids' ages in your signature line. While shopping is a fun thing to do around the nations, have you done any of the interactive dining or tours that WS has to offer?

MNNHFLTX
01-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Of course, everyone has their personal preferences, but Epcot is probably my favorite park. I love going through most of the attractions (the only ones that I don't routinely go to anymore are Journey into Your Imagination and Ellen's Energy Adventure). I love browsing through the shops in the different pavilions; in fact, I enjoy it even more now that my son is grown up and I can do it without being bugged ("Hurry up, Mom, let's go!") And I do still like to watch the movies featured in the different countries. With all that, the different musical shows, the wonderful restaurants there (and the chance to indulge in a beer or two in the World Showcase), Epcot has so much to offer, IMO.

Dulcee
01-09-2011, 03:51 PM
skip epcot :eek:

can't even imagine it. We spend a lot of time in world showcase just wandering. Oh and I LOVE Universe of Energy.

forever a child
01-09-2011, 04:11 PM
My DD is 16 and both she and I LOVE Epcot. We would be more inclined to skip AK than Epcot. Now when she was younger...she loved AK and didn't get much into Epcot..but now the opposite is true.

We love visiting WS. Love how Disney has native people from those countries working in each respective country. We love hearing the accents. Of course DD wants to do International Studies as a minor is college...so perhaps that helps in her interest.

We do skip the Innovations building on periodic trips. We both just rode Spaceship Earth for the first time this Dec. Don't know why we never rode it before....but we had a blast and rode it around twice!

cajunmickey
01-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Epcot is our favorite park. Even when my kids were younger they loved this park. We love innoventions there is always something new to discover. The countries with all the different performing groups. The food from the different countries. There is never a dull day. And Illumanations to finish the day off.We always find something new to do or try for the first time.:mickey:

KennyandKim
01-09-2011, 05:51 PM
This is why I asked if we were missing something. We aren't too much into visiting the various shops. My daughters did pick a pearl (one of them got the biggest one of the day) and we had one made into a ring and the other a necklace. We will be traveling with our twin daughters this trip that will be celebrating their 16th birthday. We liked Illuminations the first time but after that it wasn't anything we couldn't bear to miss. Maybe we just need to look deeper. My daughters went to ride Spaceship earth but after the talk they got when preparing for the ride they both opted to get off. I personally am deathly afraid of heights so I am not very adventurous about what I ride.

forever a child
01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
My daughters went to ride Spaceship earth but after the talk they got when preparing for the ride they both opted to get off. I personally am deathly afraid of heights so I am not very adventurous about what I ride.

I have sever height issues but this ride is not scary at all. It is a great ride, IMHO and I wish we had "discovered" it years ago on earlier trips.

Daisy'sMom
01-09-2011, 06:15 PM
I can't imagine what kind of talk they got when boarding Spaceship Earth. That's the first I've ever heard of something like that. Are you confusing it with Mission Space?
Epcot is our favorite. Have you done anything else other than Soarin and Test Track? I'm confused.

mom2morgan
01-09-2011, 06:51 PM
*Donning flame retardant suit* to say that I totally agree with you. No-one in my family likes Epcot at all, other than me - and I could pretty much take it or leave it. We DO love the restaurants there, and I like Illuminations - but there aren't a whole lot of other things that really compell us. First time we went we spent a LOT of time in the World Showcase, but we've NEVER spent any real amount of time in the other section without being quite bored. Sorry, folks! ;-)

gerald72
01-09-2011, 06:51 PM
What kinds of attractions do you like at the other parks?

SBETigg
01-09-2011, 07:02 PM
I guess it depends on who you are and what you like. World Showcase is my 17 yo daughter's favorite attraction in WDW. My son, 19, could easily skip it, except for some of the restaurants. We spend days in Epcot. If it's not your thing and you won't miss it, though, then give it a pass and spend more time doing what you love.

SpecJoe Magic
01-09-2011, 07:16 PM
I think Epcot is overrated so I understand what you mean. The thing that aggravates me about it is the huge amount of wasted space. There is a lot of walking area where there is very little to do in terms of legitimate attractions. I hate to shop so World Showcase in particular bores me after a little while (though the Kim Possible thing makes me enjoy it more). I do like certain attractions a lot such as Mission: Space, American Adventure and Spaceship Earth but I feel that most attractions at Epcot are mediocre like Test Track or flat out terrible like Journey into Imagination. The best thing Epcot has going for it in my opinion is atmosphere but how far that goes towards enjoyment varies among people so it just may not be your cup of tea. Do not feel bad about skipping it if that is what you desire.

All that said, I still enjoy going to Epcot. I just think the hype for it is excessive.

faline
01-09-2011, 07:18 PM
If it doesn't appeal to you, by all means, skip it. The best thing about Disney is that each of us can tour a we like. If something isn't to our liking, we can move on to those things that are!

Sylvia
01-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Of the 3 parks (MK is in a class all by itself, in my opinion), EPCOT has always been our favorite. Meeting CMs from other countries is enjoyable, but more than that, we enjoy all of the live entertainment that is available.

EPCOT is much more than just attractions and restaurants. The wide variety of live entertainment as a big plus for EPCOT, and especially World Showcase.

We must be in the minority, because we spend at least 2-3 days (sometimes more) in EPCOT on every WDW trip. We especially enjoy walking around World Showcase at night during EMH, listening to the sounds around us.

forever a child
01-09-2011, 08:19 PM
As SpecJoe Magic mentioned...American Adventure is another classic "must see." The theater alone is beautiful and the show they always do afterwords outside of the theater with the military uniformed marching band is great! A tear almost always runs down my face :blush:

UCJen
01-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I love Epcot and I can't imagine not going. I think it is a great park to just stroll around enjoy the atmosphere. We spend most of our time there.

However, I understand skipping a park if you don't like it. The last time we went, I skipped DHS. DH and DS love TOT and RNRC and I don't do thrill rides.

I went to Epcot instead. ;)

Dakota Rose
01-09-2011, 09:09 PM
We are skipping Epcot on our trip in a few weeks much against my wishes. But my younger sis (she's 30!) hates Epcot and frankly, when she's unhappy the whole pickin' world is unhappy. :thedolls: That and we budgeted time for other things in FL that we've never done before.

BUT....I LOVE Epcot. And have since my first trip when I was 11. I'm having a very hard time with the idea of skipping it. To me, it's the leisure park.

That's just me. Everyone's different and I know there are lots of other people out there like my sis.

BellesRose
01-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I say, skip it! Do what you enjoy! My family doesn't care for Epcot at all, they just go because I enjoy it. As much as I love Epcot, I agree that a lot of it is really boring.

EpcotFan182
01-10-2011, 12:29 AM
It's hard for me to imagine skipping Epcot because I love it so much, but I'll agree with others when I say to skip it. If you and your family don't enjoy it as much and feel you can fill the time doing other things then go for it! It's your vacation so do whatever you want to do! :mickey:

KennyandKim
01-10-2011, 12:35 AM
I can't imagine what kind of talk they got when boarding Spaceship Earth. That's the first I've ever heard of something like that. Are you confusing it with Mission Space?
Epcot is our favorite. Have you done anything else other than Soarin and Test Track? I'm confused.

Yes my daughter corrected me it was Mission Space that they got the talk. We only did Soarin and Test Track at Epcot. At otehr parks I rode Splash Mountain, BTMR and I even did EE (i can't believe I did that one), Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, Spaceship earth. All very mild rides. I would never to RNRC OR TOT.

TheVBs
01-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Definitely, if you don't think you'll enjoy your time there, skip Epcot.

There's no way we could skip it though! :mickey: I couldn't imagine not going to The Seas, or riding through the gardens on Living with the Land, and as silly is it is, I love the Figment ride. I also love Spaceship Earth. I think there's enough to do and see in Future World that's worth a visit if you want to skip the World Showcase.

crltkcagle
01-10-2011, 09:28 AM
What about Figment and nemo? I know your kids are older but would they enjoy these just for the experience? There is also plenty to do at innoventions. I know when I was a teenager I didn't like Epcot either. I was all about the thrill rides and could care less about the countries. My mom used to drag us through them and I hated it. Now that I'm older its one of my favorite things to do. Maybe you could do the Kim Possible thing in the countries. It's a fun way to really see all the things that are over looked there.

forever a child
01-10-2011, 10:21 AM
My suggestion would be to give it another chance on your next trip. Do some of things mentioned here that you missed before like American Adventure, Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and Kim Possible. Try a new restaurant, go to Innovations. At least give it half a day and see if you feel differently.

It would be sad to be missing out of some great things just because you never gave it a second chance. It may never be your #1 park ever (which is ok)...but you may find there are some things there worth spending a half day to visit and do and there are definitely some nice restaurants worth exploring to make your time more enjoyable. :thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
If you are not that happy with it, then don't go. We only visit AK every now and then because we only like to do the safari and the shows. But if you ever want to try it again, take your time and look around at all the things that make it a Disney park. The detail is remarkable and listen at certain points. You will experience alot more than you think.
I guess I want everyone to love it because I do.
Whatever you do, have fun.:mickey:

BellesRose
01-10-2011, 05:47 PM
I think Epcot is lacking in thrill rides. I would never ever try Mission Space, but other than that, the thrills are limited. Test Track is quite boring, in my opinion. And though I like Soarin, they wait line is always way too long, and I would never consider it a "thrill" anyways.

On the other hand, I feel like they are lacking in slower rides as well. Living with the Land is good to do because there isn't a wait, but not at the top of my "to-do" list. Nemo is fine, but not a favorite, though your kids might like it. I thought I was going to die on Figment - worst ride I've ever been on! I don't recommend it if you already don't like Epcot - it gave me the creepiest feeling and I wanted to go to a different park immediately. I didn't feel like I was at Disney when I went on it.

So basically, I get your point for wanting to skip. I'm not a hater - I love visiting the countries simply for France, Italy, and United Kingdom. Love it enough to call it my favorite park. But I really do understand what you mean, and I still stand by previous statement that you should skip it in favor of something you love.

luvdiznee
01-10-2011, 06:20 PM
I could never skip EPCOT. WS one day FW another day. Then maybe WS again! :mickey:

PrettyMinnie
01-10-2011, 07:03 PM
IMO, the age of your DDs is the perfect age to enjoy Epcot, but of course everyone is different. I much prefer WS rather than Future World while in Epcot, and true, a lot of it is poking around in shops, but if you enjoy trying new foods I would suggest taking the time to try what the different countries have to offer. We typically "eat around the world" and share a snack or each get something small in each country. Also, not everything is foreign food. We got really good root beer floats at the African outpost.

Another thing Epcot is good for is pictures! There is almost always a photo opportunity, so take advantage of it. This may just be me, but I feel like there is always something to see and admire while walking through WS. There may not be as many advertised attractions, but if you take your time, you can find some gems. If you have a little extra cash, your family could try the Segway tour. I have heard nothing but good things!

I just wanted to elaborate more on what Epcot has to offer, I completely understand if this particular park isn't for your family. Happy planning!

:minnie:

kemps@wdw
01-10-2011, 09:57 PM
We would never think of skipping Epcot. Future World is only a small part of the draw for us. We usually take 2 days for it. We simply enjoy strolling around the WS lagoon, sampling all the food and drink, (that's why we go during
Food and Wine Fest), catching the local musical talents, checking out the shops (not necessarily buying) and the movies, and I am always looking for new photo opps. (and finding them even after 30 yrs). Our DD is older also, and doesn't move at as slow a pace as us, but she likes the "stroll" also. I think it gives you an opportunity to slow down in an otherwise fast-paced atmosphere!

eandrsmom
01-11-2011, 09:25 AM
If your kids aren't really into Epcot, then skip it. Fortunately, ours LOVE it, and have loved it since they were little. We let them know at an early age that Epcot didn't have as many "rides" as MK, but was cool it's own way. They now look forward to the feedings in the Living Seas, tasting food from the different countries, and watching some of the street entertainment. The Chinese acrobats are awesome! I think my kids are really impressed, because the acrobats are near their age. Overall, if you're looking for a lot of thrill rides, they may be disappointed. For us, a trip to Disney wouldn't be complete without a visit to Epcot.

KennyandKim
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Thank you all for your comments. It has helped alot. We did do Living with the land and Finding Nemo on our last trip. I guess majority will rule on our next trip. I would be willing to give it another try. I have a hard time spending time in shops when there is so much else to do and things I want to do. LOL! We did find great photo ops when we were there last time but not sure its enough to take us back there. I guess I will try to convince my family to give it another try.

RocknBev
01-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I understand your situation....my DH is not a big fan of EPCOT all of the time. He comes and goes. My suggestion would be to make an ADR in the WS which is one of the best parts anyway! They have such fabulous restaurants and then you could enjoy Illumnations as well! Have fun and do what makes you happy....isn't that why you go?!

tinkerbellfan246
01-12-2011, 12:26 PM
For me, personally, I would never skip Epcot. If I were to skip a park it would most likely be Animal Kingdom. I guess liking or not liking Epcot is just a matter of opinion, not having to do with age. I know older kids who enjoy Epcot. If you don't enjoy Epcot as much as the others though, I would skip it and not waste time being somewhere me and my family didn't enjoy

CaptSmee
01-12-2011, 02:18 PM
We usually do 2 days or more at Epcot depending on how long we are staying at WDW. We usually start a day there, hitting all of the Future World attractions then have a nice dinner at 1 of the countries and leave afterwards. Then we do a day where we either park hop or sleep in a tad and re-ride out fav Future World attractions and spend the rest of the evening walking around World Showcase. The movies are all good, there's some great entertainment to be found, the food is excellent, and we enjoy hitting the shops particularly in Japan & China. We then stay for Illuminations as well.

CosmicRay
01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Epcot is our favorite, it was our favorite long before we had kids and now our oldest kids (ages 9 and 8) love Epcot too.

But people would think we were crazy because he don't like AK and we don't care for much at DHS. There have been times that we just skip those parks all together.

It's your trip and your preference, do what you like!

Crow
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I could never skip Epcot:number1::beer::marg: I love partaking of the refreshments, eating at t diff places, seeing the diff castmembers..
I took my gf on her first trip last Jan & we are going back next month..she said she doesnt want to go to Epcot much cause of the walking...but she did like Soaring & Test Track. and I bought her a ring in Mexico & proposed...we did Kim Possible.
I like SE, SOarin, etc also.
We will be eating in England & a few other countries this time
I usually start at Epcot & visit it almost every day of my trips

Mogie
01-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Epcot takes 2 days to really see for a few reasons:
1) It's basically 2 parks - Futureworld and World Showcase
2) Size - it takes a LONG time to walk around the world show case, and Future World individually, let alone walk from one to the other.
3) The rides in Futureworld typically have really long waits, because they are some of the newest attractions in the park and because there are so few of them in Epcot.
4) Theres so much detail in World Showcase, so many little performances and specialized shops you can spend a lot of time at each country.
5) Your day will typically involve a meal at one of the country's restaurants.
6) You will want to stick around for the fireworks at night and find a good viewing spot ahead of time.

FenwayGirl
01-16-2011, 04:20 PM
It's true that everyone has different likes and dislikes, but I cannot imagine not setting foot in Epcot on a WDW trip. On our upcoming trip in May we will be in Epcot some time of the day on 3 of the 5 days we are there.

AllDisney
01-16-2011, 05:38 PM
While at WDW do what you like. If EPCOT is not for you don't go.

EPCOT is our favorite park we love to walk around and take it all in. We always allow 2 full days to do this park. The one park we could miss on a trip, now & again, is AK. :mickey:

KennyandKim
01-16-2011, 05:52 PM
We started visiting in 2008 and decided we would go each year in March. In 2010 my father passed away March 9 so we didn't go that year. This year we decided we would go for our twin daughters 16th birthday in Sept. I really wanted to see all the holiday lights but don't want to be there when it's cold so that went out the window.

We aren't into visiting the other countries for their shops or food as others do. We also aren't into all the browsing at different countries. In our opinion their is just too much walking at Epcot. We go to Disney for the rides and characters something we can't get at home. We enjoy Test Track, Soarin, Nemo, Living with the land. We enjoyed Illuminations but not something we say "we have to see that on every trip" like we do with Wishes. Our favories park is MK with MGM in a close second. We too could skip AK and won't be spending the whole day there on our next trip.

We spent time at DTD on our last trip and really enjoyed that as well as time at our resort. We do plan to stay a full day at DTD and our resort as we are staying Club level at WL. I would be willing to visit Epcot and give it another try but we have been twice and haven't found much reason to return so I doubt I could convince the others to go back.

mamamarie
01-17-2011, 10:03 AM
When we went years ago for our honeymoon we went to Epcot the first day after arriving 2 or 3pm. We did it all that day and never went back. In 2007 when we went back with some family and our two kids (3 and 7 months at the time) we were only going to be at DW for 4 days so rather than do each park one day we decided to skip Epcot and do Magic Kingdom 2 days. This time when we return (probably June 2011) I am anxious to check out Epcot. It has been 11 years since I was there so I am expecting some different things and I am actually more interested in looking at the different country areas...something that really didn't interest me at 22 when I was there last. If I were you I would do it one day but if you can get through everything you want to do in half a day and don't make it back then oh well....your kids may not like it but at least walk through and maybe grab a meal in one of the countries.

waymickey
01-17-2011, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=KennyandKim;2131929]We are thinking about skipping Epcot on our trip in Sept. It seems like alot of people visit Epcot more than once on their trip. What do you find to do in Epcot that long?

We visit EPOCT at least twice on our trips. We love Soaring, test track,spaceship earth, and living seas. Also the countries have a lot of different things to do. We always go on the Norway boat, and we like to watch the candy lady in Japan, not to mention the food! We also go back at night . The countries look nice lit up and we usually find great souvenirs in the countries.

SandmanGStefani24
01-17-2011, 06:10 PM
of course I love Test Track, Mission to Mars, and my fave ride Spaceship Earth, but the World Showcase makes my trip. I do enjoy the shops but more than that is the food. I always stop in Japan, but I love trying new foods and treats. I also enjoy seeing the other people and hearing the different languages too.

I spend all day at Epcot and it has always been my favorite park. It always ends my trip. If you're not sure you will like it, have a meal in one of the countries and that might make it more fun.

johnO
01-22-2011, 02:17 PM
When in September are you going? if its at the end of the month, Food & Wine Festival is awesome!

We could never skip Epcot, unless we could only go for one day, then we'd do MK. Epcot is amazing. We love to walk Epcot, slowly, and take everything in. Such a great escape! Watching the different perfomers in world showcase, hearing the music, trying foods from around the world...(and beer:beer:)

We love Soarin', SSE, MS, TT, AA

Fastpasssteve
01-29-2011, 11:42 PM
I rides are your main lure, you might consider going to an amusement park...they have more thrill rides that do the dirty work.

Disney has 'theme' parks. It is the landscaping, the music, the attractions, the interweaving of a complete art work. EPCOT is about so much more than rides.

I love the restaurants, the movies, the musical groups, the stores (which are representative of items one would find in each country), the scenery, the landscaping...all of it. It's more than rides.

But that may be all you're into.

Jared
01-30-2011, 09:00 AM
I rides are your main lure, you might consider going to an amusement park...they have more thrill rides that do the dirty work.

Disney has 'theme' parks. It is the landscaping, the music, the attractions, the interweaving of a complete art work. EPCOT is about so much more than rides.

I love the restaurants, the movies, the musical groups, the stores (which are representative of items one would find in each country), the scenery, the landscaping...all of it. It's more than rides.

But that may be all you're into.
I think it's unfair for you to insinuate that somebody who dislikes Epcot is somehow "below" Disney's theme parks and should spend their vacations at an unsophisticated "amusement" park. Perhaps that isn't what you meant to imply, but that was the tone of your comments.

I like Epcot. It used to be my second-favorite park, but it has fallen to No. 3 behind Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. The park has a wonderful concept but ultimately fails in execution these days. Future World has way too much wasted space and not enough magic anymore. I recognize the difficulty of keeping everything futuristic, but Disney agreed to take on that task when it built the park.

World Showcase is another phenomenal idea, but it need some sprucing. Barely has anything has changed in decades. Most of World Showcase, though charming, just feels a little tired.

I realize that I probably sound like I hate Epcot, which is not true. It's fantastic and has tons of potential. But I think sometimes Disney fans have unrealistic devotion to it without acknowledging its obvious flaws.

SandmanGStefani24
01-30-2011, 10:53 AM
I realize that I probably sound like I hate Epcot, which is not true. It's fantastic and has tons of potential. But I think sometimes Disney fans have unrealistic devotion to it without acknowledging its obvious flaws.

To quote the geico caveman, I'm not 100% in love with your tone right now...:D

Lol anyway, i the terms "unrealistic devotion" and "obvious flaws" are a bit much. Who here at Intercot hasn't had that term tossed their direction by non-WDW fans? We love the parks, period. It's not unrealistic devotion.

Obvious flaws? Hmm, doesn't every park have that issue? I choose not to look at it that way. I look at it as, every park has things I like, and things I choose to skip. No biggie, and not a flaw necessarily just because I don't care for it. Example, the "circle of life" film. I found it very preachy and not very entertaining. It's not for me, but not sure it's a flaw. (maybe someone likes it? prob not lol)

As for lack of changes and "feeling tired", I might point out many rides and attractions at MK havent changed in decades. Does that therefore make them "tired"? Change isn't a bad thing, but neither is sticking with a good thing.

Of course they should evolve with time, but change just for the sake of change is not good either. (changing the TTA audio or stitch come to mind.) I still respect your opinion, just wanted to add my :twocents:

MrPeetrie
01-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Epcot is my DD6's least favorite park, but my wife's favorite. There is plenty to do if you like to meander and enjoy all the little things a park has to offer. The World Showcase is a place to be savored. We don't spend much time in Future World. After Ellen's Energy Adventure, Soarin', Voyage with Nemo & Friends to see Dude Crush in Turtle Talk, we usually walk around the Showcase. I wouldn't skip it if I were you. I remember not being blown away on my first trip there. But after subsequent trips, I now can't wait to get there.

paragon
01-31-2011, 06:12 PM
it was my least favorite park when it first opened, and it still is. I always seem to find myself wandering around there thinking I could be in another park. But I do like the aquarium there. If I had the choice, I might just do a monorail ride through, and go back to MK!

ransam
01-31-2011, 08:31 PM
As many have said, I love Epcot. It's my favorite park. I went to disneyland recently and realized just how much i did miss it.
but....it's your vacation. You've been there, done that, so no reason for you to sweat it if you don't want to go.

Just have an awesome vacation.

antngoof89
01-31-2011, 10:46 PM
NO WAY! I could never skip Epcot! I consider this the "picture taking park." There is NO better park in the Disney World complex to take pictures than EPCOT. It's also a nice break from the other 3 parks that seem to be a bit more stuffy than EPCOT. Even when the park is busy, there is so much room on the pathways in Future World. I love the countries, the different smells of the foods blending together, always being able to see Spaceship Earth, all the learning that goes on, the decorations, everything. Like many others have said, this is obviously my favorite park and I could NEVER skip it. I am 22 years old and have loved the park ever since I was young visiting Disney!

LynBug
01-31-2011, 11:41 PM
I can't imagine not going to Epcot! It's definately one of our favorite parks. But like a lot of people said, everyone has different tastes. What we really like about Epcot is the world showcase. We love all the shops and the food is fantastic. We also like the slower pace you can take of just walking around to take it all in. And Illuminations is definately one of our favorite things to watch.

But if you feel that there's not much you like to do at the park, then you should spend more time at the other parks where you have the most fun! My family for example, we usually only spend one day at Hollywood Studios, because we're just not that interested in most of the attractions there (and I'm the only one who really likes thrill rides like Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster). But next trip we're going to give it another shot and spend more time there so we can see if we're missing anything, like some of the shows. I'd say maybe try Epcot again one day of your trip to give it another shot :thumbsup:

jaredkari
02-01-2011, 07:54 AM
I couldn't imagain skipping Epcot, but I could probably understand if you have kids that aren't into the whole WS thing.

My wife and I have had several week long trips to WDW but on many occasions we have just been passing through and could only do one park. We generally go to Epcot. I find Epcot to be the best park to be at if it is crowded. There is a lot to look at more than just waiting in line for attractions. :mickey:

KennyandKim
02-02-2011, 11:25 PM

If amusement park was what we were looking for I wouldn't spend the thousands that Disney costs us to visit. We just aren't into the massive amount of walking to visit shops. We usually spend at least one day in each park except at least 2 in MK. No one in our party finds they want to return to Epcot on our upcoming trip but I just wanted opinions on what others liked about it so I could see if maybe we were just too quick to form our opinion. On our first Disney trip ever with just me and my kids we were chosen as Family of the Day at Epcot. Even then it was just ok.

McLiberal8
02-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Epcot, to me, if more 'Walt Disney World' than MK is.
Although the 'city' that the land of WDW was originally planned for never went through, I see Epcot as an homage to Walt and his vision.
I think it's a super nerdy park - and I am a self-proclaimed nerd. But Soarin, The Land, Mission:Space, Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Journey into Imagination - these are all MUST see attractions for me.
Not even mentioning the food and culture you can find at WS. That's a whole different story!
But - alas. The way you feel about Epcot, I feel about AK. I just. don't. get. it. To each, their own!