PDA

View Full Version : CS Breakfast in Parks?

eandrsmom
01-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Do any of the parks offer CS breakfast options? We're staying in a FW Cabin, and are thinking about adding the dining plan. Since FW doesn't have a CS restaurant, I'm trying to avoid stopping at another resort prior to arriving at the parks in the morning.

fabfundisney
01-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Mainstreet Bakery has some awesome breakfast selections to include a yummy cinammon roll!

caryrae
01-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Did you check "info central" under Dining.
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp
There also a "menu" link at bottom that shows whats available at a bunch of places.

Awesome_guy
01-09-2011, 03:56 PM
My understanding is that within Epcot, Sunshine Seasons is one of your only options for a hot breakfast. If you were in Epcot for breakfast one morning... I would try there. :)

dmallan
01-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Breakast options for DHS are Starring Rolls or the Writer's Stop.
Both have assorted muffins, pastries, cookies, etc and also offer lattes, espresso, cappuccino and of course milk and juice.
There is no indoor seating at Starring Rolls but lots of umbrella tables outside. Writer's Stop has limited indoor seating, but because not many people know about this little gem,:secret: it's not very crowded.

Just realized you are asking about CS options. I think in most of the bake shop restaurants you'd be using your snack credits.

dmallan
01-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Another thought...
You have a full kitchen in the cabin, right? I'd opt for making breakfast in the cabin rather than use a CS credit. Even if it's just cereal or bagels. Then you have your credits for lunch and dinner. You could still use a Snack credit for breakfast, but buy it on your way out of the park the night before. Pastries or muffins are available at the previously mentioned restaurants. But if you are buying it the night before you also have the bakery in France as an option. They have ham and cheese croissants and mini quiches which I think can be purchased with a snack credit.

eandrsmom
01-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I was looking for a CS hot breakfast. My kids really like hot breakfasts,(eggs, pancakes, etc.) and didn't want to use too many TS meals on breakfast. I know that I could cook, since we have a kitchen, but I really don't want to do that since we're on vacation.:blush: I just couldn't think of any places like that in MK or Epcot. I'll check out the places mentioned above for options, thanks for the tips! Also, I have gotten wonderful pastries at Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot. We usually get them for snacks in the afternoons. Will they let you in World Showcase to eat breakfast there? I know that WS usually opens later than FW. I thought that there were CM preventing guests from entering WS too early.

dmallan
01-09-2011, 06:58 PM
No, you would not be able to get into WS that early to get breakfast in France. My thought was to purchase something the night before and heat it up in your cabin the next morning.
I don't know of any place in the parks where you could get a CS hot breakfast like eggs or pancakes.

I never realized that Fort Wilderness did not have CS breakfasts available. Now that I look at their menus, I see that their breakfast options are either Trials End Buffet or a continental breakfast in the Trails to go section.

Stopping at Roaring Forks at WL might be the closest option for a hot breakfast.

ElenitaB
01-09-2011, 07:21 PM
No, you would not be able to get into WS that early to get breakfast in France. My thought was to purchase something the night before and heat it up in your cabin the next morning.
That's exactly what we do... cinnamon rolls, quiche from the bakery in France, muffins all have made their way back "home" with us to be reheated the next morning. I also nuke some pancakes or toast waffles. You can even get microwaveable breakfast sandwiches.

But if you want to avoid all kitchen duty — which is undertandable, there are always breakfast sandwiches from the Main Street Bake Shop (MK); muffins, croissants, or bagels from Writer's Stop or Starring Rolls; oatmeal, eggs/etc., French toast, breakfast sandwich from Sunshine Seasons (Epcot); or pastries from Kusafari Bakery or a wide variety of breakfast items from Pizzafari (AK). Want a really good CS breakfast? Go to Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD.

eandrsmom
01-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks! I may have to snag a few croissants and quiche to take back to the cabin for breakfast. Wolfgang Puck's sounds good as well, I've eaten lunch there, but never breakfast.

PETE FROM NYC
01-09-2011, 08:04 PM
I like a decent hot breakfast, not pastry.
Thats why we do not eat breakfast in the parks unless we are splurging for a character breakfast.
Real breakfast just does not exist at CS restaurants in WDW.