PDA

View Full Version : Magical Xpress/Bag fees

bob6572
01-09-2011, 09:19 AM
We have always flown southwest and they neither have bag fees nor could you have them check your bags. This year we are going Airtran, which includes both. How do you handle bag fees if you are checking bags with the concierge or valet at the resort??

queenmom9497
01-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Our experience has been that the bag fees are charged at the luggage valet station at your resort when you leave.

sainter
01-09-2011, 10:23 AM
I thought that there was info in your room telling you what number to call to charge your bag fees with the airline before you dropped them off for returning home... :confused:

sainter
01-09-2011, 10:31 AM
This is from the official Disney site:

How is Resort Airline Check–in affected by airline baggage fees?

Fees vary by airline. Guests should inquire with their specific airline as to what fees might apply. Guests must contact Baggage Airline Guest Services at (407) 284-1231 to pay any airline fees in advance of visiting the Resort Airline Check-In desk, which will have a record of the payment transaction. Airline luggage fees cannot be collected at the check-in desk. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

queenmom9497
01-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Now that I think of it "sainter" is correct ... on our last trip ... we called our airline from our room ... put the bag fees on our credit card ... dropped the luggage at the airline check in at our resort ... hopped on the Magical Express to MCO and regretfully left WDW for "Reality" at our home.

bob6572
01-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Good to know!!

Thanks!!

KylesMom
01-12-2011, 10:18 AM
We usually call BAGS & pay for our checked luggage the night before our departure so that everything is set for the morning at the Resort Airline Check-In counter.

Note that you'll receive a confirmation number when you pay for your bags over the phone - make sure you bring this number to the counter when you go to check in. All in all, pretty painless. :mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
01-13-2011, 08:06 AM
This year we just checked in and paid our bag fees on our smart phone. The resort still took our bag and got it on the plane for us, but all they had to do was look it up and stick a tag on it. Done! Quick and simple. Did it on the bus ride back from Downtown the day before we left.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
01-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Now that I think of it "sainter" is correct ... on our last trip ... we called our airline from our room ... put the bag fees on our credit card ... dropped the luggage at the airline check in at our resort ... hopped on the Magical Express to MCO and regretfully left WDW for "Reality" at our home.

Exactamundo!! :mickey: Well said.

MOJoe
01-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Don't do what i did a couple of years ago. I didn't realize that i needed to arrange for my checked bag fees to be paid before ME took my luggage. I tried calling from the resort luggage kiosk, but was kept on hold for over an hour. There were also 3 other families in the same situation. All of us were kept on hold using cell phones. I think my battery failed as i was waiting, so i had to start over using my wife's phone.
Finally when one phone was answered, the CM at the luggage area got on the line and asked if she could get confirmation numbers for all of us. "NO! We have to take the calls in the order they came in." was the answer. :mad: After some arguing and pleading she prevailed and we all got our bags on ME.

But what an Un-magical way to end a vacation. From now on, i'll pay my bag fees both ways, when i start my trip.