PDA

View Full Version : traveling alone

jonahbear2006
01-09-2011, 01:50 AM
has anyone traveled to disney, for an 18hr trip or round about, with children alone? I am considering going to disney late spring, with my 5 children alone and have never taken them farther than st louis alone. I did take them to st louis, which is a 3 hr drive for the day and didnt have any issues and they are good kids. My husband sees no issue in this and thinks its a good idea. This would allow us to use our passholders, we are buying when we arrive jan 22nd, a little bit more this year. I am wanting to camp with the kids for two weeks and take it easy, homeschool in the parks, swim, hang out at the campground, and just live there for a bit. just want some parently advice on what you guys would do. Would you do it? How would you do it? that sort of thing. any advice would be greatly appreciated!:thumbsup:

faline
01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Don't see any reason why you shouldn't. Disney is relatively safe though one should always exercise normal precautions - regardless of where one is.

Silver_Surfer
01-10-2011, 12:26 AM
How old are your kids? Knowing kids(They are not Synchronized:D). My question would be how you going to handle restroom runs if you're all eating at a food court or inline for a ride or watching a show? I could'nt imagine FIVE, good luck!

jonahbear2006
01-10-2011, 12:56 PM
at the time of this trip, which would probably end up being october now that we talked about it, they will be 11, 9, 7, 5, 1. I know I can trust the 11 year old do take the other 3 to the potty. we do that a lot in town here at the restaurants and stores and theyve been to disney 6 times so they know their way around pretty well now.

Silver_Surfer
01-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Hats off too you for having soo much energy! Sounds like you'll have a blast!:mickey: