PDA

View Full Version : Best Princess Meal?

tbyrne77
01-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Akershus or Cinderella castle? Which is the better meal and/or experience. My daughter's favorite princess is Belle, is she usually at both places? I think that the castle takes two from your meal plan, so unless it's really worth I don't want to waste a meal. Thanks!

mom2morgan
01-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Given your criteria I'd recommend Akershus. Cinderella's castle is neat, but really ONLY because it is Cinderella's Castle. Akershus is a lovely "castle like" atmosphere itself. I personally find the food a LOT better, and although there are people on this board that don't care for the food at Akershus, it's pretty uniform that Cindy's is mediocre and "hit or miss" in the food department. They won't guarantee specific princesses, so it is hard to speak to that point - but we definitely saw Belle at Akershus - can't remember about Cindy's. My daughter thinks not. One strange point is that if you look at the ratios, there "should" be more face time with the characters at Cindy's, but it wasn't that way for us at all. It felt crowded and rushed (hordes of people waiting to get in), while we had quite a good time and felt more relaxed at Akershus. Do keep in mind I've only been to Cindy's ONCE so I may have hit an off day. But I think the bottom line is that Cindy's is twice as expensive and most CERTAINLY isn't twice the experience (now watch someone come along with the totally opposive opinion, LOL)

Cinderelley
01-09-2011, 03:16 AM
I second Akershus. I like it a lot more than CRT. Also, most times we have been there, you got to get your pictures taken with Belle (in her yellow gown) before you went in to eat.

lisab
01-09-2011, 09:43 AM
We ate there in 2008 on our last trip. My family and I went on a whim - we just happened to ask if there was any openings and they had a cancellation for a 10:30 brunch. The food was amazing - we ate for at least an hour. We saw 7 different Princesses, and they all took their time with my kids - especailly my 6 year old daughter. We are going back this fall, and both of my kids want to go agian - (ages 13 and 9). I have a picture of them looking out of the windows of the castle at MK, and their faces are priceless.

I personally did not realise their was such a price difference. I don't think you can wrong either way. Have fun.

queenmom9497
01-09-2011, 10:06 AM
On our last trip we did breakfast at the castle. This will be tough to pass in the future. The french toast was incredible. The interaction with the princesses was great! Service was superb.

Basket Mommy
01-09-2011, 11:18 AM
We've done both and my choice would be Akershus. When we were there in 2009, Belle was the princess that you got the "professional" photo taken with in the lobby. The princesses roaming about at dinner were Snow White, Ariel (in a ball gown), Cinderella and Aurora. My daughter LOVED it. I think the food there is better than at CRT. I love the cold buffet!

mom2morgan
01-09-2011, 11:55 AM
A note on price: I mentioned above that Cindy's is "twice as expensive". Thought I should clarify that I meant that if you are on the dining plan it is 2 Table Service credits, while Akershus is still only one. If you are paying cash, the difference is not as extreme. Akershus used to be a much better deal before the pictures were included, because the food itself was cheaper. At current pricing, breakfast buffets are only about $5 difference. We always do lunch, and their prices look about 7 or 8 dollars apart. So IF you are doing dining plan, Akershus is a much better "deal". (I'm becoming a bit of dining plan commando- I'd also go for lunch if I was using my credits, because the idea of paying that much for scrambled eggs and toast makes my blood pressure go up)

forever a child
01-09-2011, 12:07 PM
It would be hard for me to say which is better. We have done both but we did CRT back in 2004 for breakfast. I remember that DD and I did enjoy our time in the castle. DD loved meeting Cinderella who was her only "Must meet" character for that trip. And I remember thinking the breakfast wasn't that great for what I paid but I was happy about my DD getting to be there and meet Cinderella all the same.

Now our most recent trip included Akershus for dinner. I really liked it overall. My DD is older but we still loved meeting the Princesses. The setting was lovely, we didn't feel rushed to eat our meal and it was a quiet as I could hope for a Character meal. The cold Buffet was OK, but I didn't LOVE it. However our meals were very good. I did LOVE the beef tips. I think the price is a bit high, but I love the photo included in our meal and I would gladly eat here again.

finaldynasty
01-09-2011, 06:08 PM
My choice would be Cinderella's castle for breakfast. I would make the choice because it will put you in MK before it opens, the food is decent, plus the price is more expensive because of the experience and they add on the $32 fee for a picture for your family or DD with Cinderella. I think both are are solid experiences, but by DDs (now 7 and 3) love eating in the castle. Take yourself out of it and think of how cool it has to be as a little girl to have a meal in "the Castle"!

Enjoy your trip!

:mickey:

tbyrne77
02-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm leaning more toward Akershus because of Belle, but I haven't decided yet!

DisneyFr33k
02-20-2011, 07:08 AM
We've only eaten breakfast and Cinderella's Castle and it was WONDERFUL! It was back in 2003, so I don't know what changes have been made, but even my 4 year old son loved it. Of course my 6 year old daughter was in heaven! Being in "the" castle was "it".

TinkerbellT421
02-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I have eaten at both Cinderellas castle and akershus for breakfast. Honestly I like Akershus better. Cinderella's castle in wonderful and all but Akershus is definitely better. You get a picture with Belle (I know it fluctuates sometimes, but I guess when talking to a cast member there, they usually use Belle most). Which comes with the meal and you dont have to pay for so thats definitely an extra lovely perk. I found the food was better at Akershus, or atleast I enjoyed it more. I think Akershus is a wonderful hidden gem in Epcot world. I do not think you would be disappointed.