PDA

View Full Version : What are the crows like in early/mid June?

AmandaChan
01-08-2011, 08:43 PM
So this is our first trip with the whole family (son, mil, bil, sil, 2kids) besides my husband and I. Getting a little anxious about going with a big group let alone a 14 month old! What are the crowds like in June?? We are looking at the 4th - 12th..

faline
01-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Whew! I was going to tell you I didn't really remember seeing any crows and they certainly weren't a problem! :D

Early June can be a bit unpredictable, crowd-wise. I've been in early June to find the crowds far less than I expected and was really pleased. The next year, we went around the same time and found the crowds to be heavier than expected. I'd count on moderate crowds and be pleased if they were any less.

With good planning, I think you'll be able to accomplish what you'd like and be happy!

mom2morgan
01-08-2011, 09:00 PM
The crows aren't too bad but watch out for some of the ducks at Animal Kingdom. If you are eating at the Flame Tree and you are down by the water they can be quite agressive.

I'm sorry - for some reason your wee typo just REALLY hit my funny bone tonight, and since I had no intelligent answer to your question...well, you know! :mickey:

Dream'nDisney
01-08-2011, 09:05 PM
I imagine the first week of June will be heavier than before due to that week being a free dining week.

gerald72
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Two species of crow have been listed as endangered by the US fish and wildlife services: The ʻAlalā and the Mariana Crow. The American Crow, despite having its population reduced by 45% since 1999 by the West Nile Virus, is considered a Species of Least Concern.

AmandaChan
01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
It seriously took me 10 minutes to figure out what was going on haha.
thanks for the information on the crows everyone!

lovinmesomedisney
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Not intended to burst your bubble, but the last time I went during June, I thought it was horribly crowded. We usually go in September, so that may be the reason I didn't like it, but it seemed extremely crowded. It was also during Star Wars weekends. I would just plan on being at the parks at rope drop to beat some of the crowds and use your fast passes wisely.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
We will be there at the same time so let's hope that the crows (which we have way too many of here) and the crowds will both be manageable. :D

disneylynn
01-11-2011, 08:54 PM
We will be there too...May 31-June 9th...

magicofdisney
01-11-2011, 10:11 PM
If you don't feed the crows, you'll be ok. Seriously, there are signs everywhere saying don't feed the animals and people do it anyway.

magicofdisney
01-11-2011, 10:12 PM
BTW, 2 :thumbsup: Your title is intriguing. :)

tinkerbellfan246
01-12-2011, 12:15 PM
For the most part, for us anyway, the crowds werent all that bad. We got on and of rides pretty well and had room to walk

Gator
01-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't get the "crowds aren't bad" thing. Sure, they're not closing the gates at 2pm for capacity. But when I went in mid-June, crowds were pretty heavy - which is to be expected in the summer. For instance, I remember a few ride wait times from that trip:

Rockin'Rollercoaster - 75 minutes (posted, actual was about 90):(
Splash Mountain - 75 minutes
Kali River Rapids - 80 minutes
Test Track - 75 minutes

I remember these because our next trip was in February, and the crowds were much smaller. Summer is going to have big crowds. Can't get around it.

A Big Kid
01-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Not sure about the crows, but I did see a seagull take off with a man's WHOLE fish in England this afternoon. He was beside himself that $8 flew away. I asked a CM if he could get more fish since the birds took it, and they gave him a whole new serving. Dern crows, er, seagulls.

wdwfansince75
01-13-2011, 12:16 PM
OK, crows aside...Most of our trips have been mid-June to early July. Crowds are large, but manageable. Parks are open later at night. If you go early, use fast passes, take a break, and, like us, park hop for the evening, you will get to do just about everything. The best kept secret is that fast passes can be used anytime after the initial time on the day of issue...so you can collect fast passes for favorites, and do them after your break. And if you couple FP's with child swap, you can literally double your pleasure! For MK, PoC, HoP, CoP, and occasionally, HM, have virtually no lines in the mid-afternoon. For DHS, the back of the park (Star Tours, Muppets, and even Indy) tends to have short lines by early evening.
Personally, over the years, I have enjoyed the non-bus transortation around the world...the monorails and boats, and often take breaks by roaming between parks...and stopping for treats! With almost no exceptions, the crowds have never interupted the fun and magic.

wdwfansince75
01-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Not sure about the crows, but I did see a seagull take off with a man's WHOLE fish in England this afternoon. He was beside himself that $8 flew away. I asked a CM if he could get more fish since the birds took it, and they gave him a whole new serving. Dern crows, er, seagulls.

Not sure if the birds are getting bigger, or the servings are getting smaller....

AmandaChan
01-13-2011, 04:53 PM
We definitely plan to utilize the fp the best we can like we always do. It's hard to keep in mind that the pace will be completely different but I would rather see 1/4 of everything and have fun then see all of it and be stressed out. thanks for everyone's input

DisneyFreak23
01-15-2011, 10:59 AM
I went The June 5-9 in 2008 and It was certainly manageable :) We accomplished most everything and there was only one night that I can remember, at MK, where it seemed to be a little too crowded for my liking. The longest line I waited in was Mission Space for about an hour and 15 mins but that was because it broke down while we were in line, and that added about 30mins to our wait. If you use FP wisely, you shouldn't need to worry :)