PDA

View Full Version : Accommodations for little ones

roses
01-08-2011, 02:18 PM
:cloud9: Planning to take my daughter, Natalie, (will be 2 when we go) with my friend and her daughter (Also Natalee , 5) - next winter. We were wondering which locations are kid friendly for that age range - and also, where could we see the fireworks from the resort. :pixie:

Also - what activities do you recommend for this age group :)

Thanks! :mickey:

Jillirose
01-08-2011, 06:06 PM
My son's first trip was at age 2, his sister was 5. We stayed at CB. I know they had a kiddie pool, as does BC, so I figure all of the resorts probably do.

The best thing we did was to be proactive on food and sleep. We did not wait for them to 'reach the beach' and then start the 30 minute commute to the resort or start looking for a place to eat! We took the advice of many Intercotees who recommended nap and pool time in the afternoon and to relax and enjoy the trip!

The strollers you can rent were also a life saver, they are oversized, so the kids can nap and you can store extra food/water and bags aboard. I think the average day at Disney is between 5-7 miles, so the stroller was a good thing - even my 5 year old appreciated the ride!

As far as activities, we read alot on the trip plans for kids (http://family.go.com/travel/trip-planner/) for ideas and just 'played it by ear' :thumbsup:

faline
01-08-2011, 06:23 PM
I can say that every Disney resort is kid friendly. You don't say what your budget is so I'm not sure whether you'd be looking at Value Resorts, Moderates, or Deluxes. With Deluxes, you do have resorts where you can readily see fireworks from your resort - Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and Contemporary all come to mind. I know that you can see some of the Epcot fireworks from Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk, and possibly, the Beach Club - but, again, you're mostly in the Deluxe category with these resorts.

Many kids greatly enjoy the oversized figures at the Value resorts.

There are so many activities that kids of these ages can participate in, it would be hard to come up with a comprehensive list!

eandrsmom
01-09-2011, 07:21 AM
I think it depends on your budget. If you can swing it, I'd recommend Poly on the monorail. Of the 3 monorail resorts, I find it to be the most kid friendly. The zero depth entry pool is awesome! You can watch the fireworks and see the electric water parade at night from the beach. When our kids were that age, MK was the park we were at the most, so it worked well for us. It made getting back to the room for afternoon naps very easy.

crltkcagle
01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
The value resorts seem more kid friendly IMO. OF course they are all kid friendly but the values have just a little touch of Disney. I would look into ASM. As far as activities go check out Playhouse disney live in DHS.

roses
01-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Thank you all so much for you feedback!! I am sure this will be an amazing vacation :) I was looking at the Carribean Resort. Thanks again!!! :mickey:

RBrooksC
01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
We decided, since we have a 2 year old and a five year old, to stay in the CR due to the proximity to the MK, the monorail access, and the ability to watch the MK fireworks from our balcony since we are getting the MK view room.

tdk316
01-10-2011, 04:05 PM
If you can swing it (especially with all of the pin codes floating around!) try to get into Bay Lake Towers! We've been twice so far with the kids; the first time ours were 2.5yo and 5months. The second time they were almost 3.5yo and 15months. The location can't be beat and having a kitchen and laundry in the room is the best thing ever with little ones. My kids still nap every afternoon so we were able to evacuate the MK quickly without waiting for a bus or monorail which was a huge plus for us. If you have any other questions about BLT let me know.