PDA

View Full Version : Best rate for a mini van in Orlando?

Diznut
01-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Any suggestions on where to get the best price for a mini van in Orlando?
We can pick it up anywhere in the WDW area.
Thanks!

KylesMom
01-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Honestly, I think this may take a bit of research on your part. Dates, existing bookings, availability of vans, etcetera will all have an impact on who is the least expensive. I wouldn't hesitate to check all of the reputable companies in the Orlando area for the best deal. If you can pick it up anywhere in the Orlando area, your best bet would be to look outside of MCO for the best deals.

The one thing I would urge you to do is to make sure you're booking with a reputable company. We've booked National each trip for our rental cars, and have always had a nice, clean, safe and reliable rental. I can't imagine renting from a cut-rate company with the lowest rates, only to find myself broken down on the side of the road in the Florida heat!

nkereina
01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Any suggestions on where to get the best price for a mini van in Orlando?
We can pick it up anywhere in the WDW area.
Thanks!

Depends when you're going. If it's a busy time, mini vans will be at a high premium.

If you're a AAA member, and especially if your trip is booked through AAA, you can get exclusive discounts with Hertz who is a Disney and AAA partner. We got a good deal with Hertz on a mid size car when we went. Even if you didn't book through them, you can still get a discount if you're a member.

Dream'nDisney
01-08-2011, 11:24 PM
When we needed a rental car last year while at WDW, I joined most of the car rental companies' clubs. I ended up getting a free upgrade AND a discount through Alamo. We rented the car at the Dolphin which was walking distance from the YC, so it was very convenient.