PDA

View Full Version : GF people help...

javamama
01-07-2011, 03:59 PM
So I reserved a room for our May trip, dh has always wanted to stay there but we've always stayed somewhere else. So since he'll be 40 this year I booked it as a huge surprise for him. He wanted to watch our spending and stay at the WL this time again...so I did this on the sly. Are we going to love it? We've been there for dinner a few times over the years, and walked around and really liked it. But I'd love to hear all about the good stuff:D

TammiMcMan
01-07-2011, 04:33 PM
It's definitely a favorite resort for my family. DH and I have taken a couple of "mom & dad" only trips and DH doesn't want to stay anywhere else.

I see that you are staying club level, is that lodge concierge or the main building? We've done both levels and they each offer a slightly different ambiance. I've had pretty good luck with the pre-planning staff and you can also work with private dining if you want to set up a unique dinner experience. Another plus are the poolside cabana's which can be rented by the full or half day.

baby minnie's mommy
01-07-2011, 09:39 PM
We stayed at the GF once and loved it! It seems to literally sparkle and shine. They also have little touches that give it that Disney feel, even though it also feels more upscale. Such as Disney characters on the hall carpets and on the room wallpaper and bedspread. And the pianist or orchestra playing Disney songs in the lobby. We had small children, and they, the grandparents, and us, and we all loved it.

There was a wonderful lady castmember there. She seemed to be everywhere, and when we on multiple occasions asked her where something was she would actually walk us all the way to it, very cheerfully. Wish I could remember her name. The other castmembers were great as well.

The counter service is nothing special, but at Narcoosees we had top-notch service and food. GF cafe had wonderful food, but service is slow. The Tea Room is lots of fun, but there again service can be slow. You want to be able to sit back and relax at this resort.