PDA

View Full Version : How to get to space center from WDW

Gayle
01-07-2011, 03:38 PM
:mickey:We will be in the world in May, DH wants to go to the Space center what would be the best way to get there and how much would be the cost. Thank you.

KylesMom
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Gayle, if you don't have a car at your disposal, I'd seriously consider renting one for the day if you want to go to Kennedy Space Center. It's a 45 minute to hour-long drive, and a taxi would cost you a small fortune!

That being said, we had a really good time there. Had our schedule and budget provided for it, we may have returned for a second day!

NJGIRL
01-09-2011, 07:34 PM
I agree with Carol as far as renting a car and as well as the trip being worth it. It was a very interesting and educational day. We were there from opening until 5:00 and still didn't get to do everything they had.

Silver_Surfer
01-10-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm planing to use the Ultimate Kennedy Space Center Tour Bus. My problem would be getting from the CBR to Disney's All Star Music Resort for the pick up, but it's at 6:50am. Anyone ever done this?

mook3y
01-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Just curious - is there a decent beach near the space center to spend some time at?

I would love to take 1 day off from our vacation to go to the space center and spend a couple hours on the beach.

Would there be enough time to be able to do both? Our kids are young and probably would not be wanting to stay all day at the space center.

Thanks for any input.

LVT
01-28-2011, 10:58 PM
I believe Cocoa Beach is 20 min North. We hope to do that too. Maybe a pro will come along with tips. Enjoy.

White Rose
02-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Hi Gayle!

I just checked for you and it looks like Mears offers a shared shuttle to Kennedy Space Center on Mon, Wed, and Fri and it's about $35 per person for an adult. Renting a car for the day may be cheaper, but you also have this as an option as well!

NH Disneyfan
02-12-2011, 06:51 PM
It will take an hour to KSC. Cocoa Beach is about 30 min south of KSC, and the easiest beach to get back to WDW from.

If you go to KSC, there is the core attractions, as well as IMAX movies and various tours. The bus tours are fantastic. If you are going to make a day to go to KSC, I highly recommend the tours.

Visit the KSC website or google maps for directions, etc. It is a great place to visit.