PDA

View Full Version : Refurb Updates

Buttercup
01-06-2011, 10:18 PM
So I was wondering if someone could update us on a few things going on at the parks. I've seen pictures on other sites of the Fantasyland refurb but the most recent update I can find is from November. At that point, it looks like Casey's Corner & IASM got a fresh paint job on the exterior (which looks great!), the Teacups got a new roof and paint job, Winnie the Pooh got a new queue, and the construction is coming along on the Beauty & The Beast & Little Mermaid new attractions (the construction photos someone took while riding Dumbo were fascinating).

But I'm wondering if someone can update us a little further.
- Are all the scrims down now on Main Street (ie. are all the paint jobs finished)?
- There apparently were some scrims up still on Pinnochio's Village Haus & Peter Pan while they were getting exterior paint jobs - are those done?
- Is the Winnie The Pooh ride queue fully open now? The last I'd heard, the ride was operating again but the standby line was a temporary area while the Imagineers completed some work.
- Any further updates on the construction going on behind the work walls in Fantasyland? In the photos I saw from November, the Beauty and the Beast area was just a bunch of steel beams, but the Little Mermaid was a closed-in building and they were starting some of the tree-planting around the area.

Thanks in advance!:rocks:

Figment!
01-07-2011, 09:23 AM
- Is the Winnie The Pooh ride queue fully open now? The last I'd heard, the ride was operating again but the standby line was a temporary area while the Imagineers completed some work The queue is reportedly complete.

Ian
01-07-2011, 10:01 AM
I was just there about a month ago and the majority of the refurbishment work is done. All the scrims were down on Main Street and on Pinocchio's. The Winnie the Pooh queue work was completed, as well.

You still can't really see much more than some steel structures for the new buildings, though. Progress on that area seems to be of the slow and steady variety.

Stu29573
01-07-2011, 10:29 AM
They actually finished the Pooh queue (say that fast!) while we were there on Nov 17-24. On the first day it was all screened off, about two days later it was fully open!

Also, we didn't see many scrims. So few, in fact, that I can't remember where they were.

We did figure out that if you ride Dumbo, you can see right over the construction walls. ;)

BellesRose
01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I cannot tell you how excited I am for the Beauty and the Beast theme...does anyone have any updates on that? Everything I hear is back from November...

PrettyMinnie
01-08-2011, 03:48 PM
I cannot tell you how excited I am for the Beauty and the Beast theme...does anyone have any updates on that? Everything I hear is back from November...

I am excited for this as well!! I would love a little update...