PDA

View Full Version : Akerhaus or 1900 Park Fare?

ftwildernesskid
01-06-2011, 05:55 PM
My DD is trying to decide between Akerhus breakfast and 1900 Park Fare for dinner. We have been to the breakfast at Akerhus before and she loved it. But I kind of feel like she could get the same experience at the meet and greets with the princesses. I've heard good things about Park Fare, that the step-mother and step-sisters were very funny and that it was a little different and more interesting. Does anyone have any opinions or feedback to offer?

faline
01-06-2011, 06:02 PM
I've been to both and enjoyed both of them so can't really recommend one over the other.

forever a child
01-06-2011, 06:03 PM
We have done the opposite, 1900 PF for Breakfast and Akershus for dinner. I really liked Akershus with the character interaction. 1900 PF was not nearly as good for interaction but I would still do it.

I don't think the character meet and greets are as good as they use to be...so having some time at the dinner or breakfast will ensure your DD gets to meet that Character regardless of long lines in the park where you may decide you are not up to waiting. My DD prefers to meet them at the restaurants over meet and greets to avoid the lines.

mouseketeer mom
01-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Much prefer Askerhus. 1900 Park Fare was incredibly large, noisy and chaotic when we were there. Askerhus on the other hand was calm, wonderful and so pretty. Liked the food much better at Askerhus too. 1900 Park Fare was typical Disney buffet. The interaction was much better at Askerhus for us too.

mom2morgan
01-06-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm always up for something new, so I'd say if you've done Akershus, try Park Fare! They are very different experiences, so hard to really "compare"

1mickey1minnie
01-07-2011, 09:07 AM
We did Akershus last time and are doing 1900 Park Fare this time. I figured it won't hurt to try it and the 1900 PF dinner seems to get a lot of good reviews.

eandrsmom
01-09-2011, 08:17 AM
We've only done 1900 Park Fare for dinner, and we love it! I like the food better that the Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's. It is a "MUST DO" dinner for us.

bob6572
01-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Take a look at the menu. If you have picky eaters, Akerhaus could be difficult. We are going to 1900 Park Fare for the third straight year. Did Norway once and didn't dig it.

mom2morgan
01-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Take a look at the menu. If you have picky eaters, Akerhaus could be difficult. We are going to 1900 Park Fare for the third straight year. Did Norway once and didn't dig it.

True, but like all Disney establishments they have some pretty "American" choices as well. My Danish husband LOVES the Norwegian food. My daughter on the other hand can't stand it - but she got the chicken and said it was delicious.

NJGIRL
01-09-2011, 08:02 PM

I felt that breakfast there was mostly the usual stuff and we didn't have any problem with our picky eater. In fact, we all enjoyed it there. Now lunch looks like a different story.:D

KennyandKim
01-10-2011, 12:58 AM
We did 1900 Park Fare on our first trip with just myself and the kids. The character interaction was great. The stepsisters even started fighting over my son. One of them told him to go buy her a ring and come back. We went and got her a bubble gum machine ring and he took it back. It was hilarious and it made our trip that they would include him in their interaction even though he was 15. We didn't care too much for the food bu twe aren't adventurous eaters either. We are steak and potato kind of eaters.