PDA

View Full Version : OK...Gotta ask...Mid-November?

PopPhan
01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Have been trying to plan out a trip for this year (DW gave me a check for vacation as my Christmas present!!! YAY!! LOL) and after a pointed comment from DW after watching the 2011 Planning Video last night, it looks like sometime during the Christmas/Holiday season wins!

Now, my question: Knowing that the F&WF is scheduled through November 13th and the Christmas/Holiday decorations go up early to mid November, would November 8 - 17 be a good time --- based on crowds and ability to partake in both F&WF and Christmas/Holiday festivities?

Currently, there are no discounts/offers available (for the general public, anyway) so I am planning with the anticipation of some kind of offer becoming available at a later date. (At the very least, we could still get the AAA Room Only discount.)

We have, in the past, visited the week following Thanksgiving and it wasn't too bad for crowds, but I am reading that this is quickly changing. My current thought pattern is to hit AFTER Halloween but BEFORE Thanksgiving week.

What do you all think?

SBETigg
01-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I think you're still going to run into crowds because a lot of the Northeast has extended vacation days around Veteran's Day (more commonly referred to as New Jersey Days sometimes in park lore). But, they will be moderate crowds, not summer crowd huge or nearly as big as normal holiday crowds. We've found that time frame to be "a good time to go" as far as crowds and weather.

MommaMouse
01-06-2011, 01:40 PM
We went to WDW from Nov. 10-17th, 2010 to partake in the F&W fest and to see some Christmas decoration. I don't know whether it was because we were with our almost 2 yr old but the F&W fest seemed to have lacked much luster from our previous times coming to F&Wfest (we've been about 5 times). Not sure if the it was because it was the last weekend as for the fest as well but it was sooooo crowded. Not pleasant to walk around with a 2yr old and all of the inibriated crowd of people. We were actually relieved when the fest was over because the crowds went down immensely and it became so much more pleasant to walk around. If I were to ever plan another trip for that time of year I would definitely make it for right after the F&W fest is over. Hope this helps!

AvaNellMouse
01-06-2011, 07:49 PM
My BFF and I went to WDW the second full week of November, 2010. This was the week after Jersey week and the last week of F&W.

We went to F&W early in the week and tasted everything we wanted to with short lines and only a few inebriates along the way. Avoid F&W on the weekends and during the evenings, the crowds can be large and less than sober.

That being said, we plan to go back the second full week of November again this year, 2011. We will miss the F&W but also Jersey week.

The decorations were going up at the parks during our stay but not at all at our resort, AKL. If you HAVE to see decorations, go in December.

I must note, it was in the 80's while we were there. There is nothing more amusing than sitting on your balcony in the evening in shorts and a tank top while you talk to your friends back home that are living with single digit weather. Early November is much warmer than early December. Do you want warm weather or Disney Christmas?

Regardless, you will have a GREAT TIME!! :mickey: