PDA

View Full Version : Turning 10 on DDP

bob6572
01-06-2011, 09:50 AM
We will be at WDW on the dining plan for my DS's 10th birthday. Any idea how that would work for the price of a DDP?? Such a huge difference in child/adult cost and he is not a big eater so it would not be worth it.

MOJoe
01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I believe that the price Disney charges for the Dining Plan (or for Park Tickets for that matter) is based on your age when you begin your vacation. So having a 10th birthday while you are there will not change the price.

DizneyRox
01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Guests don't age on vacation. they will be a child the entire trip (and will need to order from the chilren's menu).

Other options are to list them on your reservation as an adult, though you'll need to buy them an adult ticket as well as any additional cost for the DDP (if it's not "free").

PopPhan
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Guests don't age on vacation. they will be a child the entire trip (and will need to order from the chilren's menu).

Sorry to 'hijack' this comment, but it is all TOO true! Not only do you NOT age, you can actually get younger just by visiting on a regular basis!! (Or so it seems!! LOL)

Back on topic: DisneyRox is right on the money with the answer.

DisneyDoug2
01-06-2011, 10:59 AM
A few years ago we were there when my DS turned 10 and nothing changed after the big event. Disney charged us his age at the start of the trip not the end.