PDA

View Full Version : Photopass Photo Shoot

Mammabruski
01-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi all,

We'd like to get some pics of our little ones and their cousins on our next trip to WDW in March. I know Photopass does private photo shoots at various resorts... how do I set this up? I've been to the Photopass website and it doesn't mention any of this. Any input would be helpful!

TIA :mickey:

faline
01-05-2011, 05:22 PM
I know the resorts that do it have desks set up in the lobby area. You can stop in at one of those locations and make arrangements for your photo shoot.

Mammabruski
01-05-2011, 05:39 PM
I know the resorts that do it have desks set up in the lobby area. You can stop in at one of those locations and make arrangements for your photo shoot.

True, but the crazy planner in me would be nervous that we wouldn't get a time that meshed with the kid's nap schedule or their "happy" (aka when they are willing to smile) time. Also, what if the resort I want is booked? Eek!

faline
01-05-2011, 07:42 PM
True, but the crazy planner in me would be nervous that we wouldn't get a time that meshed with the kid's nap schedule or their "happy" (aka when they are willing to smile) time. Also, what if the resort I want is booked? Eek!

Then I'd suggest calling the Photopass folks directly.

6. Call us
If you would like to speak to one of our team members, you can reach us at 407-560-4300. Our live phone hours are 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. eastern time, seven days a week. If you reach us after 1 p.m., please leave a message providing your name, phone number, account sign-in information, PhotoPass ID's and a summary of the issue you need assistance with. Once you leave the information, one of our Cast Members will return your call within 24-48 hours.

forever a child
01-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Disney Resorts Private Photo Shoot - You can arrange for private 30 minute photo sessions with a Disney's PhotoPass photographer at the Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Portrait sessions at the resorts are a separate entity from the Disney's PhotoPass system in the theme parks. While both Parks and Portraits use the same system for their photos, they are separate products. There is also a new pricing structure in place, which is as follows:

Disney's PhotoPass Portrait Session Photo Package - For a price of $49.95, you will get your choice of one of the following packages: (A) 8x10 (2), 5x7 (3); (B) 5x7 (2), 4x6 (4 sets of 2); (C) 5x7 (7). You will be able to choose the pose for each print, so you can have up to five different poses for Package A, up to 6 different poses for Package B and up to 7 different poses for Package C

Disney's PhotoPass Portrait Session PhotoCD - For a price of $99.95, you will get your choice of photo package as explained above plus all of the photos on a PhotoCD.

Note you will not be able to enhance the photos on the Portrait Session PhotoCD, but you will be given a PhotoPass ID to use on disneyphotopass.com to make any desired edits/enhancements and future purchases.

Reports from guests who have participated in the photo sessions are overwhelmingly positive, although guests are under no obligation to make a purchase if they are not satisfied with the photos. Available times are seasonal, starting daily at 8 am until 7 pm or sunset, whichever comes first. Call 407-824-1700 to make reservations up to 30 days in advance or for additional information.

forever a child
01-05-2011, 08:48 PM
We generally have gotten a booklet a few months before our trip to WDW. On the last page there has always been a coupon for 20% off. So I got our photopass session for about $85 with tax. We really enjoyed doing it and would gladly do it again. We had ours done at the Poly.

Momto3littlemice
01-06-2011, 12:16 PM
We are going to be doing this when we go in March. I thought I once read that if you pre-order the Disney photopass CD this would give you a discount on pictures from your photo shoot. But, now I seem to be reading these are completely separate. Anyone know of this change or can straighten me out? Thanks!:mickey:

Mammabruski
01-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks all for the help... that phone number and the great info about the sessions is exactly what I was looking for. :mickey:

forever a child
01-06-2011, 04:36 PM
We are going to be doing this when we go in March. I thought I once read that if you pre-order the Disney photopass CD this would give you a discount on pictures from your photo shoot. But, now I seem to be reading these are completely separate. Anyone know of this change or can straighten me out? Thanks!:mickey:

The photopass CD pre-order is completely a different thing that the Photo shoot. The photo shoot is paid for when you show up for your appointment. You can add all the photos they take onto your photopass cd...but only if you are buying the photopass photo shoot cd (which we did). Buying the cd for the photo shoot gives you copyright to make as many prints as you want.

ftwildernesskid
01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm still confused...
So if you get the photopass CD with the photoshoot, the pics from the photopass from the parks will be on it too?
I guess what I'm wanting is to be able to get the photopass in the parks and a photo session cd as well. So will I have to pay for them both separately?

forever a child
01-07-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm still confused...
So if you get the photopass CD with the photoshoot, the pics from the photopass from the parks will be on it too?
I guess what I'm wanting is to be able to get the photopass in the parks and a photo session cd as well. So will I have to pay for them both separately?

Yes, you will have to pay for them separately.

The photopass CD for the all of the parks is $149 before any discounts and the Professional Photo Shoot CD is $99 before any discounts. You CAN have the photos from the photo shoot added to your other photopass card but only AFTER you pay for the $99 CD (just so you can add boarder and edit). Hope that helps clarify it better.:mickey:

ftwildernesskid
01-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks! Yes, I understand now. :)