PDA

View Full Version : I've heard of the precious pin codes - I *think* I got one??

wdwluv
01-05-2011, 01:28 PM
So I got a big fold out post card type thing today and above my mailing address is a highlighted number. Is THAT one of the precious and rare pin codes? And can you give me your opinion on if it's a good deal or not?

The meal plan is NOT cost effective for us - so any offer with that does not work for us. And THIS offer is a room discount - which is perfect for us. The offer is 35% off Value & Moderates and 40% of Deluxe and Deluxe Villas. Is that a good offer?...or should I hold out for something better? (it includes the dates that we want to visit)

(we would be doing a Ft. Wilderness cabins visit)

PopPhan
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
The actual PIN code will be a 3 character code that the card will tell you to use when booking to get the offer....Something like "Use code ABC for 30% off Deluxe Room Only reservations for ?/??/2011 thru ?/??/2011"

BigThunderFan
01-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Sounds like a pretty good deal, the current offer for room only was 25% at values.

DizneyRox
01-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Actually, the PIN codes look more like an ADR number. The three letter codes have typically been general public codes, AP codes, or Visa cardholder ones.

PIN codes are unique and limited to the person they are addressed to.

mom2morgan
01-05-2011, 01:49 PM
I think that's about the best deal you are likely to get, though!

PopPhan
01-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Actually, the PIN codes look more like an ADR number. The three letter codes have typically been general public codes, AP codes, or Visa cardholder ones.

PIN codes are unique and limited to the person they are addressed to.

I stand corrected. Sorry for the misinformation.

vicster
01-05-2011, 02:26 PM
We used a pin code last September for 40% off deluxe resorts (we stayed at WL) and it was a better deal for us than free dining as there are only 2 of us. I'll pray that I get another pin code for 40% off...

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Just remember, getting a PIN code and using one are two different things. There are only a limited number of rooms alloted for PIN Codes, so even if your resort and dates are within the PIN code guidelines, it doesn't necessarily guarantee that you will find a room available at that discount.

Hopefully you will and it is probably the best discount that you are likely to find at this time.

Good luck.

MOJoe
01-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Sure sounds like you got a good one. The big brochure i got in the fall had a fifteen digit pin number and picture of Cinderella hugging a little red faced girl. But my discount was 40% off Villa, 35% off Deluxe, 30% off Mod and 25% off Value.

Trade ya? :D

joonyer
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I received an email pin code discount offer today for selected weeks throughout 2011. But there are a lot of blocked out weeks/dates. It offers 35% off values & Mods, 40% off Deluxe and Villas. We're trying to decide if we can swing a trip this year.

Dream'nDisney
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
It does sound good! We might consider changing from our free dining package to a room only discount if we received 40% off pin. There are four of us, so the free dining is actually better than the current 30% off room only discount they are running.

wdwluv
01-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks SO MUCH for your input everyone!!! I called first thing and made our reservations with the pin code! :thumbsup: :party::D:mickey: (I think it was pretty cool that the automated system knew I had one and asked me to enter the pin before I got to a person)

I knew I'd run into this on both the front end AND tail end of my reservation (11/10 - 11/22- the front and back not included in the dates discounted. (the end of food & wine fest at the beginning & at the end of our stay we bump into Thanksgiving week) So had to make two separate reservations. ugh. and two separate deposits. double ugh. (plus two separate dates for making dining reservations.:( ) But Skip was great and told me that it is likely a discount will come out before our trip that could be applied to those dates. (surprising, as I assumed that those dates would always be discount blacked out) Just have to keep my eye out for them. I'm thrilled with our 35% off at Ft. Wilderness cabins, so not complaining, just crossin' my fingers for even more savings!!! (party of 6 is pricey!!!)

Oh - and if you are still reading, LOL - I was going to book the whole stay at Ft. Wilderness Cabins - but with the lack of a discount on those first few days, I decided to try out the family suite at all star music. I hope I don't get spoiled by the space we have with the family suite and end up cursing the tighter quarters at the cabins! :confused:

Thank you again everyone!!!

dis-nee-fan
01-06-2011, 09:44 PM
I received a pin code yesturday and it covered 2 days of our trip so I took advantage of it (a 15 digit number). It was a 35% off value resort offer it seems a few has mentioned already. I received it through email and followed the email directions and checked the price online. I chose to call using the number by the final cost of the the room only deal. They weren't able to find my pin code and realized that it came from "disney destinatons" and not disney. I then called the number on my email, they found my pin number and the price ended up being about $100 more than booking it online so I just booked it online. I like seeing "room only pinned offer" on my conformation. Although if free dining comes available it would probably save us more money.....we'll see. :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
01-07-2011, 05:20 PM
I got the same one yesterday...my 1st pin code!!! I won't use it, but for some odd reason I'm excited just to get one.

forever a child
01-07-2011, 07:11 PM
And THIS offer is a room discount - which is perfect for us. The offer is 35% off Value & Moderates and 40% of Deluxe and Deluxe Villas.

This is what I am hoping to receive. When were the dates good for your pin code offer?

I received 3 of these last year and used two of the three. I have already received one this year...but only good until June I think. We are looking at late summer early fall dates....so still hoping to get one once I decide which dates we would like to go. :blush:

slottedpig
01-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Just got one today - 35% off value and mod, 40% off deluxe. I was all set to book Dolphin with AAA rate. Beach Club at 40% looks pretty appealing if available.

Dates were:
2/27 - 3/5
5/8 - 5/27
5/31 - 6/4
8/21/ - 10/8 -- I'll be here
10/23 - 10/29
11/13 - 11/19
11/27 - 12/3
12/11 -- 12/24

Also said:
'Other great rates are also avilable in January and February. Ask when you call."

pretty much anything except Spring Break, summer vacation, and major holidays.

KennyandKim
01-08-2011, 01:04 AM
I too got one this evening by email. I emailed Debbie at MJ to apply the 40% discount to WL. This saves us almost 150 more than the current room discount out for our days. Even if free dining comes out the room only discount saves us more. Our first code. Awesome it was for all our days

sacandjac
01-08-2011, 08:57 AM
We got a pin code by email then got the same one in the mail. We were able to get 40% off four nights of our six night stay at WL in November. It saved us over 500.00. Woo hoo!!

finaldynasty
01-08-2011, 09:19 PM
I was reading this post this morning while I was at work and the most wonderful New Years gift was in my mail box today! I received a pin code from Disney Destinations. It was for 35% for value and moderates and 40% for villas and deluxe. Eventhough my wife and I are educators and are not available to go most of the days, we are going to try to make at least one trip.

I love WDW!!!

:mickey:

MushuGrl
01-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Finally got one! This has turned "not going this year" into maaaaaaaaaybe.....

forever a child
01-13-2011, 11:38 AM
This is what I am hoping to receive. When were the dates good for your pin code offer?

I received 3 of these last year and used two of the three. I have already received one this year...but only good until June I think. We are looking at late summer early fall dates....so still hoping to get one once I decide which dates we would like to go. :blush:

I got my wish and got a pin code too! :clappy:

I receive the 35% off value and moderate and 40% of Deluxes. I am happy! The one I received last year was a bit better (40% off value, moderate and deluxes) but it is still a great discount so I am not complaining. :thumbsup: It saved us $218 on our room for 6 nights.

finaldynasty
01-13-2011, 02:41 PM
I got my wish and got a pin code too! :clappy:

I receive the 35% off value and moderate and 40% of Deluxes. I am happy! The one I received last year was a bit better (40% off value, moderate and deluxes) but it is still a great discount so I am not complaining. :thumbsup: It saved us $218 on our room for 6 nights.

Congrats! :mickey: