PDA

View Full Version : chances of free dining coming back??

nkereina
01-05-2011, 12:39 PM
What does everyone think the likelihood of the free dining promotion for Fall 2011 being offered again is? I booked today and the reservationist kept saying they were "told the deals will get less and less" as the year goes on and "early birds get the worm" but I didn't know if it was just a sales pitch. Would love to get free dining for mid-October. Thanks and so sorry if this is a duplicate post!!

MarkC
01-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Like every other business, it will depend on the economy, advance bookings, etc. I would guess those deals will be a lot fewer unless gas prices get so high it drags down the economy again. If you see a good deal and you are able to lock it in, do so. You can always look for a better deal later. I would suggest you look at Magical Journeys for some help in finding the best deal-- they will keep searching if something better comes along. Good luck.

DizneyRox
01-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Probably not a sales pitch...

As with the airlines, as things fill up, there's less incentive to discount empty rooms. It's the law of supply and demand in action. Less supply (because people already booked the free dining) means there are less rooms to go around, so if you demand one, be prepared to pay for it. If not, someone else will...

With Disney, you absolutely need to get in when you see it. They change their promotions to maximize profits. It was amazing at the Disney Store, they would always raise prices and eliminate promos as the weekend approached (more people shopping with pockets full of cash) and would then put things back on sale starting Mondays...

They do that all over the company...

ToraTory
01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I think they will offer free dining again in the fall. They have for the past few years, I would be really surprised if they didn't this year.

Here's hoping :mickey: