PDA

View Full Version : Disney Honeymoon Registry

Dulcee
01-05-2011, 09:40 AM
(Hopefully I've got this in the right spot, wasn't sure where to put it!)

My Fiance and I recently got engaged and have talked a bit about bridal shower and wedding gifts. We've lived together for a few months but because I'm always in the kitchen and have lived on my own for some time we already have the nice china, mixers, glasses, silverwear etc.

So recently I stumbled across the disney honeymoon registry and thought this would be awesome! We'd love to do disney as our honeymoon but with saving for the wedding were doubtful we could also save for a honeymoon in WDW.

So has anyone done this? How does it work? And how did your guests/family respond to you asking for your gifts this way?

brivers222
01-05-2011, 10:01 AM
We actually just signed up for it on Sunday night... I was looking up David Tutera because my fiancee is in love with his designs and i was curiuos about the disney stuff.

We just booked our Dec 2011 Honeymoon at the poly in mid december through magical journeys (THANKS DEBBIE!!) and this is perfect

My parents like the idea when proposed to them. But we can't make it live until we get our gift card in the mail (the site says 7-10 business days). but i pretty much listed a ton of stuff that we would be doing. We have the dining plan but i decided to list the restuarants individually so that the guests would feel as if they were directly paying for our special dinners :)

I do like that any monies you get aren't allocated to the item that the people actually bought. but instead just money on a disney gift card. I will use that money to help pay off the balance we owe as it comes in.

buzznwoodysmom
01-05-2011, 12:41 PM
I've had several friends/relatives do this for their wedding registry. Honestly I love the idea, and when presented with that option, its always the route I go when giving a wedding gift. None of our friends or family have done a disney one, but I've contributed to many other honeymoon destinations. I think its an easy gift option for people who are too busy to go shopping. If many of your guests know that you've been on your own for a while they'll understand that you don't need the typical wedding gifts. Good luck with it and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

brivers222
01-05-2011, 10:33 PM
I've had several friends/relatives do this for their wedding registry. Honestly I love the idea, and when presented with that option, its always the route I go when giving a wedding gift. None of our friends or family have done a disney one, but I've contributed to many other honeymoon destinations. I think its an easy gift option for people who are too busy to go shopping. If many of your guests know that you've been on your own for a while they'll understand that you don't need the typical wedding gifts. Good luck with it and congrats on your upcoming wedding!
when did the couples actually present this option to you? like in the invitations or by word of mouth? i am just trying to get some ideas as to when and how to let people know

buzznwoodysmom
01-06-2011, 08:52 AM
It was presented with the bridal shower invitations. It was a small card, much like the cards Target or other stores give couples to let their guests know where they are registered for gifts. I think, if I'm remembering correctly, most of them had booked through a travel agent and the card had the number and web address to the travel agent. There was an account set up under the couples name and money was contributed to that account. Hope that helps.