PDA

View Full Version : Room for 6

llb
01-04-2011, 09:38 PM
We are thinking about a trip to Disney for December, 2011...because my kids are out of school on Dec. 16th! We could do Disney World and then make it home in time for Christmas.
But I was wondering about accomodations for a family with 4 kids...our travel agent friend quoted us for 2 rooms at the Pop Century. I think it would end up being about $330 total for both rooms per night. What other options would you suggest we look into, without spending significantly more than that? We would like to stay on Disney property, because i think that would be easier with 4 kids ages 6-13. We will not do the Animal Kingdom, so staying near there doesn't sound too appealing to me. Thanks for any suggestions!

Hair_Razor
01-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Someone will come along with the correct info exactly, but I know there are the family suites at one of the All Star Resorts. I am pretty sure they will accommodate 6 people.

buzznwoodysmom
01-04-2011, 10:34 PM
You could get two rooms at any of the value, or even moderate resorts. The moderate resorts could come out around the price range your looking for if decent discounts are released. As mentioned already you also have the option of the family suites, I believe at All Star Music. And a bit more expensive would be a cabin at Ft. Wilderness. There is also the option of renting DVC points from a member. We've done this before and paid a fraction of the cost we would have booking through Disney for the same room.

If you don't mind staying off site there are rent houses that would give you tons of space and even your own private heated pool. Or there are a number of resorts right off site that have nice two bedroom condos for a really good price. On our first trip with our kids we rented a 2 bedroom condo at Vistana Resort, just minutes from a WDW gate, for only $400 for 7 nights. However, after staying on site the following trip we haven't stayed off site again, and don't plan to.

Good luck!!

PrettyMinnie
01-04-2011, 11:16 PM
We too have 4 kids in the family, so accommodations have always been a bit of a challenge. ASMu does have the family suit, but it is more cost effective to actually get the 2 rooms at a value. We have always requested adjoining rooms and have gotten them. What we like most about this is the 2 bathrooms to get ready in the morning. Helps a lot! We have never stayed at a moderate, but if you don't mind spending the extra $$, it would give you a little more space.

Our first family trip to Orlando we did Universal and WDW. We stayed off-site in a condo closer to Universal and rented a car. I'm not sure how much the rental car was, but it wasn't too pricey. The condo was 3 bedroom, which was very nice with kitchen and washer and dryer. The grounds were beautiful with several pools, hot tubs and beaches. It was much cheaper than staying on property but we use the DDP and like to take advantage of EMH, so we haven't tried the off-site condos again. We choose to stay on-site for the DDP and EMH, transportation isn't much of a factor.

Buttercup
01-04-2011, 11:29 PM
If you can afford it, I'd recommend Fort Wilderness. It's soooooo nice to be able to put the kids to bed, and still have the full "house" for the grown-ups to enjoy, including a deck outside, kitchen, etc. lots of room for the kids to run around during the day.
But, it is a tad bit more expensive. If you're on a budget, the cheapest way is 2 adjoining rooms at the Value resort.

PS - why won't you do the Animal Kingdom? It's NATA-ZU! (not a zoo!)

PopPhan
01-05-2011, 07:47 AM
We too have 4 kids in the family, so accommodations have always been a bit of a challenge. ASMu does have the family suit, but it is more cost effective to actually get the 2 rooms at a value. We have always requested adjoining rooms and have gotten them. What we like most about this is the 2 bathrooms to get ready in the morning. Helps a lot! We have never stayed at a moderate, but if you don't mind spending the extra $$, it would give you a little more space.

One comment to add on two rooms -- Adjoining rooms are two rooms beside each other, where you have to go outside one room to get to the other room (needing a KTTW card to re-enter;) Connecting rooms have 'pass through' doors allowing you to go between rooms without going outside (without needing a KTTW card to re-enter.)

magicofdisney
01-05-2011, 08:43 AM
2 value rooms are always the cheapest route to go for a family of 6 on property. If discounts are released, they're usually across the board (meaning value, moderate and deluxe). In this case, the values are still the better deal.

While suites and the cabins are a nice luxury (having the kitchenette/kitchen option) the extra bathroom and extra beds are another bonus of 2 rooms. Since we've been a family of 6 for over five years, (and we go ALL the time) I've priced all the options.

EDIT: the Music Suites also offer 2 bathrooms. I'm not sure all suites have that option.

disneymom15
01-05-2011, 09:28 AM
You mentioned you thought the 2 value rooms would run about $330 per night, that sounds high to me. Without looking up the pricing for your time table, I'd venture a guess at about $230-$250. I would also recommend you contact Magical Journeys (Intercot sponsor) they will get you the best prices available. They are a free service (try them, you won't be sorry).

disneymom15
01-05-2011, 09:36 AM
I just looked up room rates.
Dec 16 & 17 (value season) $82 per night
Dec 18 and beyond (holiday season) $135 weekdays, $145 weekends.
These prices are for the Value resorts.