PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to have room booked to schedule ADR's 180 days out?

forever a child
01-04-2011, 04:09 PM
I feel like I should know the answer to this question...but do you have to have a reservation for a room booked in order to schedule ADR's at the 180 day mark?

I ask because it looks like the dates for historical discounts issued doesn't occur until after our 180 day mark (if we are shooting for some time this october). And I would like to make our adr's when the day comes. But I don't recall HAVING to have a reservation to make an adr. Maybe I just don't remember....:blush:

I usually don't book our room until we have the discount codes that will be available for that time period we are going and I usually book the day they come out.

Thanks for help!:mickey:

jonahbear2006
01-04-2011, 04:16 PM
no. anybody can make adrs. consider that people who live in florida may make adrs and not stay at disney world, so they have to make it possible for people who stay off property or people who are locals to be able to make adrs as well. this trip, my in laws books the accommodations and i booked the dining. they are not attached to your reservations at all.

KylesMom
01-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Just remember that you're not eligible for the 180+10 unless you have a confirmed reservation. Otherwise, as stated, you can make ressies exactly 180 days from the date you're trying to schedule for.

forever a child
01-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Just remember that you're not eligible for the 180+10 unless you have a confirmed reservation. Otherwise, as stated, you can make ressies exactly 180 days from the date you're trying to schedule for.

Thanks everyone....I think reading about the 180 + 10 somehow made me think I needed a reservation first.