PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for celebrating birthdays

mickeyd
01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
My brother, Dad and I will be in WDW in August. My brother and I will both be celebrating our birthdays while we are there. Our birthdays are one day apart and we are now both now in our 30's.

I'd really like to surprise my brother with something special to celebrate. So far I have been thinking of two nice meals, eg California Grill and Yactsman Steakhouse. But I was wondering if anyone had any great ideas of other special things we could do to celebrate?

Disney4us2
01-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Any tours interest you that you can do together?

wdwfamilyof4
01-04-2011, 02:34 PM
When we went to WDW in Sept. my husband turned 40 and so I wanted to do something really cool for him. I booked him a driving experience at Richard Petty Driving. THe course in in front of Magic Kingdom so it's easy to get there. My husband was informed that this was a once in a lifetime thing so make sre he has fun.;) When he got back to the room he was so pumped I didn't know if I'd ever get him calmed down. The first words out of his mouth were "I can't wait until the next time I do that".:D Apparently he didn't catch the once in a lifetime thing. Seriously though if you're at all into cars or racing you'll love it.

KylesMom
01-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Are you both golfers? If so, a morning on the course might be fun for you. How about the Segway tour at Epcot? I've heard great things about this, and you two can try to "one-up" each other around World Showcase! :mickey:

You could also set up a fishing excursion or some other water sport such as parasailing or jet skiing. Enjoy!

JROriole8Fan
01-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Over the past year we tried as (30+) many dining options as we could. We just returned from a trip where we tried Yachtsmen and we were very disappointed. We had different entrees and all 4 were not all that good :ack: . My NY strip was tough. In contrast the following night we dined at Citricos and it was phenomenal! :blush: The price was similar, the food (all entress were exceptional. If you have a choice I'd recommend Citricos over Yachtsmen 100 times out of 100 . Enjoy!

mickeyd
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
We just returned from a trip where we tried Yachtsmen and we were very disappointed. We had different entrees and all 4 were not all that good :ack: . My NY strip was tough. In contrast the following night we dined at Citricos and it was phenomenal! :blush: The price was similar, the food (all entress were exceptional. If you have a choice I'd recommend Citricos over Yachtsmen 100 times out of 100 . Enjoy!

So sorry to hear that. We might try Cirticos instead then.

faline
01-06-2011, 05:55 PM
How about a Segway tour in Epcot?

PETE FROM NYC
01-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Bring me down with you and I will personally sing Happy Birthday to each of you.

mickeyd
01-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Bring me down with you and I will personally sing Happy Birthday to each of you.

Great idea! ;)

I haven't done the Segway tour - I'll look into it.