PDA

View Full Version : Mid April/ Spring Break Weather

Disney4us2
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
What can I expect the weather to be like in mid April (16-22)? Lots of rain? Just a little rain? Temps?

TIA

Gregandmel
01-04-2011, 01:32 PM
If you go to the "Info Central" tab and scroll down to the weather section, you can see what the historical weather has been for the past 5 years for your timeframe. We went last April 24 - May 1st and the weather was awesome. No rain and it was in the low 80's most of it. However, when we left on May 1st it was really heating up though! But typically it's really nice.

KeriWDE
01-04-2011, 03:27 PM
You can expect rain almost anytime of year there. Take a raincoat and go anyway.

Shorts or jeans - mostly shorts, though.

Short-sleeves and light jackets at night (double-duty for a Gore-Tex type raincoat).

Maybe a hoodie for some cooler nights.

forever a child
01-04-2011, 04:00 PM
You can expect rain almost anytime of year there. Take a raincoat and go anyway.

First trip I went on with DD was in April. I remember there were a few showers but we have always had such fun when it rains...so If you go with the attitude that "Hey, I'm at WDW!" then you should have a great time rain or not. Plus, so many other people leave the parks when it rains that you get the run of the park! ;) Don't forget your rain parka!

But as PP have stated...it's pleasant weather for shorts and t-shirts. Definitely bring a hoodie or jacket for the evening and a pair or jean in case a cold front comes your way for a day or two.

Disney4us2
01-04-2011, 08:51 PM

My only concern with rain is my scooter. Don't want the controls etc getting wet.

PrettyMinnie
01-04-2011, 11:24 PM
We have gone in April twice and have always had wonderful weather. Little rain and the temperature was perfect both times! It's hit or miss though. You could have an entirely different experience. :shrug:

Buttercup
01-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Mid-late April is my absolute FAVORITE time of year to go. :cloud9: (as long as Easter is long over with and you don't have to deal with those crowds!)

It's perfect weather - low 80's every day, mid-70's in the evenings. I love it. Love, love, love it. :thumbsup: We've even tent-camped during this time. If it rains, it's usually that "20-minutes then back to sunshine" kind of Florida rain so it's nothing to worry about.
If my husband had a job that let him travel during that month more often, we'd do it every year.

And like I said, as long as Easter is long gone, the crowds are really quite light! We walked on to most attractions during that time.

Disney4us2
01-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Mid-late April is my absolute FAVORITE time of year to go. :cloud9: (as long as Easter is long over with and you don't have to deal with those crowds!)

It's perfect weather - low 80's every day, mid-70's in the evenings. I love it. Love, love, love it. :thumbsup: We've even tent-camped during this time. If it rains, it's usually that "20-minutes then back to sunshine" kind of Florida rain so it's nothing to worry about.
If my husband had a job that let him travel during that month more often, we'd do it every year.

And like I said, as long as Easter is long gone, the crowds are really quite light! We walked on to most attractions during that time.

Fortunately we are going.... Unfortunately it is during the busy week before Easter. That's ok though. We have planned for the crowds with lots of resort time.