PDA

View Full Version : All-star

yjgirl32
01-04-2011, 09:25 AM
We would like to go to Disney in 2011 but might need to stay at a value resort- we have stayed at moderates and loved CBR. We are going in Sept- which resort would you recommend. Oh we will be using the bus transportation. Thanks for all your help.

Buttercup
01-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Go for Pop Century. It doesn't share a bus route with any other resorts. It's also the newest of the Values.
If it's all full, my second choice is All Star Movies.

Mickey'sGirl
01-04-2011, 09:59 AM
We like the value resorts. The food at the food courts is better than at the other food courts (in my opinion). Some of our best stays have been at the All Star Sports off in the Hoops section. :thumbsup:

kakn7294
01-04-2011, 10:24 AM
If I were choosing, my order of choice would be:

1 - Pop Century
2 - AS Sports
3 - AS Movies
4 - AS Music

We love Pop the best of the values - in our opinion it has a nicer food court, great gift shop, better overall feel to the resort, no shared buses - almost doesn't seem like a value resort. The others were chosen order of theming we like best.

forever a child
01-04-2011, 10:27 AM
I love All Star Movies!!! Love all of the themeing. Love the fantasmic pool. It is my favorite value resort.

disneymom15
01-04-2011, 10:29 AM
We've stayed value level for most of our trips. We prefer POP, but have no problems staying at any of the All Stars. My understanding, Music, Sports and POP have undergone recent renovations. I agree with above poster, food court is very nice, lots to pick from.

yjgirl32
01-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Thank you for the great info. Are the busses more crowded at POP?

brownie
01-05-2011, 07:00 PM
We didn't have good luck with the buses at Pop Century when we were there at the end of November/beginning of December. We didn't use them a lot, though, so maybe we were just unlucky.

I'd stay at All-Star Movies or Pop Century. All-Star Movies has a bigger food court than the other All-Star resorts. We've never been disappointed staying at the value resorts. If you're spending most of your time in the parks, there's not much sense in spending a lot on your hotel room.

PrettyMinnie
01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
I enjoyed our stay at POP, but also enjoyed our stay at All-Star Music! It was a bit of a longer walk, but it was pleasant and it was quiet in the Jazz section. You will have fun at any resort your choose!

mook3y
01-05-2011, 11:31 PM
The only value resort we have stayed at is the all-star music resort, standard room. The one thing we learned from that experience is that I would happily pay for the extra few dollars for a prefered room. At the end of a long day, it can be a LONG walk back to your room if they place you at the back of the resort.

magicofdisney
01-06-2011, 08:41 AM
If I had to choose, POP would be at the bottom of my list. It's a larger resort than any one value resort. Therefor, the bus lines tend to be longer. Because of that, you're more inclined to stand on the bus.

Keeping the previous info in mind, All Star Sports is great because when it shares buses with the other All Stars, Sports is first in line to pick up and drop off. Keep in mind as well that they don't generally share buses at park opening and closing.

Despite all that information, in general, we love the values. It's the cheapest way to be on property and the magic lives on with each. :mickey:

yjgirl32
01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Thank you for all your wonderful advise.

TheVBs
01-07-2011, 04:10 PM
We really enjoy All Star Music. :mickey:

roses
01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I have stayed in the Movies and Music - just visited the Sports. They are all themed very well, and have plenty to do. I personally liked the Movies theme the best - we stayed in the Toy Story part. Too cute! Good luck! :thumbsup:

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
I have stayed in the Movies and Music - just visited the Sports. They are all themed very well, and have plenty to do. I personally liked the Movies theme the best - we stayed in the Toy Story part. Too cute! Good luck! :thumbsup:

I agree about ASMo. In late November we stayed in the Toy Story section and my 21 yr old daughter thought the oversized Buzz and Woody were "adorable".

I sent pics of it to a friend at work and she is going to stay there on her trip next fall because she knows her son will love it. :thumbsup:

roses
01-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I agree about ASMo. In late November we stayed in the Toy Story section and my 21 yr old daughter thought the oversized Buzz and Woody were "adorable".

I sent pics of it to a friend at work and she is going to stay there on her trip next fall because she knows her son will love it. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: My friends and I were 19 when we stayed at the ASMo - in the Toy Story Section - we had a blast! See - its for all ages! :thumbsup:

angel2931
01-09-2011, 08:54 AM
I have stayed in all 4 values, and my family's favorite is AS Sports! We liked Pop, just not as much as the Sports. Next month my DH, DS and I are staying at Movies (my 2 yo is a HUGE toy story fan!), but when we go back in August with my stepkids as well, we are going back to Sports (their request!!) :mickey: