PDA

View Full Version : ? re: DME...

Dsnygirl
01-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Can anyone tell me if I have to use the luggage tags I get from ME if I want to pick up my luggage myself?? I'm travelling on my own and will only have 1 suitcase, so I'd rather just have it and take it to the resort w/ me.... but if using the tags means it'll get taken off the plane immed by ME staff, I guess I'd rather not use them, if I can do that.

:thanks:

DizneyRox
01-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Yellow tag gets pulled, just don't put them on your bags. Grab your suitcase and head to the DME desk.

kakn7294
01-04-2011, 07:22 AM
If you want to pick up your own bag at baggage claim, do not use the yellow DME tags.

CleveRocks
01-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Keep in mind that if you go to baggage claim to get your own bag you'll probably delay getting yourself to your resort. In the time it takes you to detour to baggage claim and wait for your bag, it's very likely that a bus to your resort has already left and you'll have to wait for the next one.

If you want to get your own bag, then throw away the yellow DME luggage tags. The ONLY thing that tag is used for is to alert airport workers and Disney cast members that that bag shouldn't go to baggage claim, but rather should be routed to Disney's luggage sorting facility on the grounds of the airport.