PDA

View Full Version : Early March weather

eandrsmom
01-04-2011, 06:52 AM
We will be visiting the first week of March this year. We've been in late Jan/ early Feb, but never in March. Packing on those trips has been challenging, due to the variations in temperature from day to day. (One day we could swim, the next day we needed jackets.) Since I'm packing for 6, I'm trying not to "overpack". Has the temperature stabilized by early March?

Buttercup
01-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Normally I'd say yes, the temperature has stabilized by early March - that is the time of year when we always used to go to WDW and it was always lovely. But the last couple of years has taught me that the weather is bizarre in central Florida now and nothing can be predicted. I would say pack long sleeves & sweatshirts, and layer up. You might want t-shirts but I doubt shorts will be necessary.

Strmchsr
01-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Early March is still variable. Check Info Central at the historic weather conditions page and look at the exact conditions for your dates over the last few years and you'll get an idea of what to expect.

buzznwoodysmom
01-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi neighbor,

I'm guessing you'll be visiting during Mardi Gras? We will too, and I'm planning on packing much like I would for Nov./Dec./Jan./Feb. I've looked at historic temps that week for the past 10 years and there can still be some cold days to be had in early March. I think I'll mostly pack shorts, capris, and tshirts, but I'll also throw in a few pairs of jeans and sweatshirts or jackets for us too. That's the one downfall to visiting WDW during those months, the packing can be tricky. One of the reasons I love WDW in the summer is that I know exactly what we'll need to pack, no surprises! Have a great trip!

KeriWDE
01-04-2011, 12:25 PM
We are going the last few days of Feb and first few days of March also.

I plan on jeans for everyone. If it's warm during the day, jeans won't be too heavy. But it wil be cool at night. So there will be sweatshirts/hoodies packed in a backpack (stashed in a locker) for all 4 of us. We will have rain coats stuffed in another backpack for days that have a chance of rain.

Short sleeves should be fine most days, but a long sleeve tshirt or two might be good to have as an alternative.

We've been there at night this time of year before and shivered even with our hoodies on over our day clothes.

(I'm from NE Alabama, so the weather here is a little cooler than WDW or where you are, but not significantly.)

My plan is to wait until the week before and then check weather.com for the extended forecast and pack accordingly. The only "definite" is jeans. I'm not packing shorts at all.

AndrewJackson
01-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Up until a few years ago - maybe 8-10 years - the weather would start to stabilize by the 1st week of March and you could expect sunny days with highs in the low 70s.

The weather seems to have changed recently. I remember it getting as cool as the low 40 mid to late March, and as warm as the upper 80s.

This seems to continue into late March now. In my opinion, it is a real **** shoot what the weather will be like throughout March.

eandrsmom
01-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the tips. I guess I'll pack as I do in February. I was trying to avoid packing too much, but I guess I'll have to pack a little bit of everything again. (To my husband's dismay.)