PDA

View Full Version : can you request bunk bed room at AKL?

sara114
01-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Arriving April 1st, is there a possiblity that I could request a room with bunk beds prior to arrival?

Tinkerfreak
01-03-2011, 08:40 PM
bunkbed rooms are a separate catogory and cost more than a standard 2 queen bed room. You have to book that room type when you make the reservation. You may be able to get a bunk bed room but would expect to pay the price difference.

Tinkerfreak
01-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I think more info might be helpful. Where are you staying? I don't think all resorts offer bunk beds. I only know of the AKL.

kakn7294
01-03-2011, 09:37 PM
As the previous poster stated, bunk bed rooms are a separate booking category at AKL and cost $45 more per night. You could check with whomever you used to book the trip to see if there are rooms available for upgrade now or take a chance and ask at check-in but you should expect to pay the difference in price.

CleveRocks
01-04-2011, 07:41 PM
If you want it, reserve it NOW. Don't wait. I would never go to a hotel expecting to score a free upgrade to a more expensive room category. That's what a request would be, a request for a free upgrade.

It WAS just a request a few years ago, but it was such a popular request that Disney realized they can charge more for it.