PDA

View Full Version : Duffy

bopeepfan
01-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Duffy the disney bear. Where is he sold in the parks and how much does he cost?

Hair_Razor
01-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I've seen him at Once Upon a Toy in DTD. Cost not sure but if I had to guess I think they were $29.

Melanie
01-02-2011, 09:35 PM
His main store 'location' and meet 'n greet is in Epcot, and you will find him for sale all over the World Showcase. But he is available for purchase at the other parks and World of Disney as well.

buzznwoodysmom
01-02-2011, 10:16 PM
In Oct. Duffy was available just about everywhere. We saw him at basically all resort gift shops, as well as DTD. We only went to MK for the halloween party, and I'm not sure I remember seeing him for sale there, but I'd think he's probably available at the parks if he's at all the resorts. I believe we paid $25 for him.

tinkerpharm
01-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Duffy is all around Epcot you can meet and greet him also. He's adorable. Duffy cost $25.00 plus they sell clothes for $15.00 and they also have a cute little purse for $15.00 I got myself one they are so cute they even have a keychain stuffed duffy for $8.00.

2006 Pop Century
2008 Movies
2009 Pop Century
2010-2011 Pop Century
2011 ???:cheer:

IloveJack
01-14-2011, 10:59 AM
I bought him in the tent at Pixie Hollow in October, but like the PPs have said, you can find him anywhere.

floridamom
02-03-2011, 09:25 PM
There are different versions of Duffy. In December, DD6 got the "naked" Duffy at Epcot for $25. It is approximately the size of a standard Build-a-Bear. (Though I think its feet would be too large for BAB shoes.) This is the size that all of the various country outfits will fit.

There are also smaller versions of Duffy that are "pre-dressed" in seasonal clothing, though I am pretty sure the outfits are attached and not interchangeable. We saw one in a holiday outfit in December, and another (maybe Valentines?) one on a visit in January. These were available in MK as well.

There are also little Duffy purses and a giant Duffy. I will be curious to see if/how the line expands...

kakn7294
02-03-2011, 09:35 PM
My daughter is obsessed with Duffy so I can answer! It depends on what you are looking for. Based on a trip 2 weeks ago, there are several sizes of Duffy. There is a very large Duffy that sells for $60. He has no clothes or accessories. There is a medium Duffy that is also not dressed and sells for $25. His clothes sell for $15 and there are probably about 10-12 different outfits available. There is a slightly smaller Duffy that also sells for $25 and he comes dressed in one of several outfits as well - there was a 2011, Valentine, St Patrick's just to name a few. These are available at various locations at all 4 parks as well as WoD and Once Upon a Toy in DTD. At Epcot, the store to the left as you enter the World Showcase from Future World is Duffy's store. They carry all Duffy products there including a Duffy keychain and a Duffy purse. We got the medium sized and 2 outfits with plans for more in July! They also have changed the Kidcot masks to Duffy - much cuter than those masks - same concept.

Mufasa
02-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I will be curious to see if/how the line expands...

You only need look at Tokyo DisneySea to get an idea of how the Duffy-verse could expand.

January 2010 brought Shellie May to DisneySea, first as part of a Valentine's Day related event called "Sweet Duffy" (a year prior was when they first ran "Sweet Duffy"- by setting up a candy/sweets shop in the Cape Cod area with lots of special Duffy related merchandise and specialty food treats).

So for 2010 they slowly began to reveal through an online storybook that Duffy would be getting a special new friend and that turned out to be a girl version of the Duffy bear named Shellie May for the launch of "Sweet Duffy" that season (cause she wears a heart-shaped seashell necklace and she's pink/rose colored and has a giant bow on her head).

Shellie May is now sold year round along with Duffy, but there was special limited merchandise only available during the "Sweet Duffy" event that featured the two of them together and when it hit the shelves at DisneySea it sold like crazy- the first day Shellie May was available people waited in lines up to 7 hours just to purchase one and they wound up expanding the stores that carried Duffy and Shellie May merchandise to other locations in the park just to keep up with demand.

Today, I think Duffy and Shellie May combined make up about 1/4 of the total merchandise sales for the entire Tokyo resort as every few months they introduce new sets of his/her costumes and accessories.

Imagineer1981
02-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Am I the only one who could care less about Duffy? I feel like Disney is trying to force another thing for us to buy down our throats. I just don't like the idea of "hey here's Duffy, he's Disney, he's Mickeys bear we just made up, buy him, and buy his merchandise!"

Melanie
02-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Am I the only one who could care less about Duffy? I feel like Disney is trying to force another thing for us to buy down our throats. I just don't like the idea of "hey here's Duffy, he's Disney, he's Mickeys bear we just made up, buy him, and buy his merchandise!"

No, you definitely aren't the only one. I for one like Duffy, although I don't actually own one yet, but I've seen plenty in the Twitterverse who feel exactly like you do. To each his own. :thumbsup:

Zawadi
02-16-2011, 02:10 PM
I saw the title of this thread and though that the Welsh singer/songwriter Duffy (full name Aimée Ann Duffy) was appearing at WDW.

:oops: Got that a bit wrong!

bob6572
02-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Duffy is everywhere. $25 for the larger bear with no outfits, or $25 for the smaller bear already dressed. The larger bear you could buy different outfits for $15 a pop.