PDA

View Full Version : Extra Room Key

AndrewJackson
01-02-2011, 06:00 PM
We are going to WDW in March. My wife and DD (15) and DS (6) will be stayin giwth me in a studio room at SSR. My other DS (17) will be staying with my parents at Fort Wilderness.

Is it possible to get him a room key for our room at SSR? The reason I want to do this is for charging privileges.

Thanks! :mickey:

DizneyRox
01-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Only guests on the reservation are or can be provided room keys. They don't provide extras as they could be used for EMH.

Add him to the SSR reservation and you can get a key...

Strmchsr
01-02-2011, 07:37 PM
I know what's listed above is true, but if your DS is already staying on Disney property I don't think it's a problem. When I took my mom with us she was in her own room with her own reservation, but the resort gave me a key to her room as well. However, it was a room only key and did not have charging privileges or park tickets attached. I think that's what you'll run into. He could have a room key, but not one for charging when he's on a separate reservation.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-02-2011, 07:56 PM
I've never tried it, but couldn't you set-up room charging for your 17-year old on your credit card?

That way, if the only reason he needs an SSR key is for the charging, you don't have to worry.

Details of how to request this can be found about 1/2 way down in this thread. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=163092&highlight=separate+cards)

TheRustyScupper
01-02-2011, 08:14 PM
1) Can't do it.
2) With that key, you are over the capacity of the room.
3) And DW does not know for sure if he will stay there.
4) Just let him charge at SSR, then pay for the charges.