PDA

View Full Version : Drop the QSDP and go with stay and play?

1mickey1minnie
01-02-2011, 05:53 PM
We are heading to Disney World in March and currently are booked with free dining. We are staying at Pop, so a room only code doesn't really help us get a better deal that way but the new kids stay and play is enticing. Right now it would save us $448 to switch to the stay and play, but then we'd have to use that savings for food. Do you think it will come out about even over the course of 6 days or will we come out ahead? (we are a family of 4, 2 adults, 2 kids with small appetites). We typically eat cereal bars and fruit for breakfast, so we'll only be eating lunch/dinner at the parks. We don't need TS meals (we'll do one character though).

Strmchsr
01-02-2011, 07:39 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

I generally book through Magical Journeys to help with the number crunching and figuring which deal is best for us, but it sounds like the play and stay might be the better deal for you. Especially with the small appetites and not doing TS meals. This way you could share some meals with your kids (except at buffets) and do your own snacks. It would probably be cheaper and give you more freedom.

kakn7294
01-03-2011, 01:40 AM
With what you get on the QSDP - 2 snacks and 2 QS meals with dessert for each person for 6 days plus a refillable mug for each, I averaged your food value to be about $750. It could be more or less depending on what you choose but I averaged $3 for snacks, $11 for adult meals incl drink, $3.50 for desserts, $5 for child meals incl drink, $12 for refillable resort mugs. If you don't plan to eat that much, you could come out ahead to switch deals but just from a straight up comparision, I think keeping the free meal plan is the better deal.

And :welcome: to Intercot!

1mickey1minnie
01-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Thank you to those who responded! I think if they had offered stay, play and dine free I'd definitely come out ahead, but still towing the line on the current deal vs. free dining. My kids are 3 and 6 and don't eat that much and while I love my sweets I don't need dessert after every meal if I have to pay for it ;) Last time we had full service free dining and loved it, but we walked away with a ton of snack credits leftover. Decisions, decisions.

Any chance they'll pop up with stay, play, dine? :secret: