PDA

View Full Version : ECV Accessible Taxi's

Disney4us2
01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know if there any taxi's that are ECV accessible? For our trip in Dec we had a mini van to fit in my walker.

For our July/August trip I will be bringing my own scooter. We will be doing a split stay and need to move from OKW to AKL.

Thanks.

ElenitaB
01-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes, there are ECV and wheelchair friendly taxis. We were on two different ones in August and they were both wonderful. I arranged for them through the concierge desk and they arrived right on time. As they are limited in number, do try to arrange for them ahead of time or you may have a long wait. I would definitely use them again. One caveat though: I don't think that they would have loads of extra room for lots of luggage once your ECV is loaded into the back.

Keep in mind that you can have luggage transferred between hotels (we've done it many times). We check out of one resort in the a.m. (having told them the night before that we will be transferring luggage) and arrive to check in at the other in the afternoon.

Disney4us2
01-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks Ellen:mickey:

We will be a party of 4 on that trip and will be sending the luggage over. We will then taxi over and check in at the new resort in the AM. I don't want to send my medications/insulin over with the luggage.

Thanks for all the tips:thumbsup: