PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks and Food Help!

pixiedustct
01-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I am so excited- just booked my May trip this past week for myself and a friend that has never been to the world. As of right now we are not doing the dp, but have dinner ressies at 'Ohana for one of our nights. I'm wondering if we have reservations for 6:40- would we be waiting around for a long time if the fireworks start at 9, or would we be better off with an 8:30 reservation and watching from inside. We'll both be over 21 so don't mind spending some time sitting at the bar waiting, but want to know if it would be better to head over to the MK and watch from there... I've read on here that some dinners take up to two hours? This is a new experience for me and I knew this would be a great place to come for answers! :mickey:

Tinkermom
01-02-2011, 01:05 PM
I think a 6:40 ressie will be perfect timing for the 9pm fireworks. You will probably be finishing up your meal around 8:30pm and then you can walk out to the Polynesian beach and watch the fireworks from there. The Poly even pipes the music through speakers out by the pool. It is an awesome spot and very cool to see the fireworks reflected in the water. Have fun!!

ElenitaB
01-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I agree with Tinkermom... the Poly beach is a great vantage point for watching the fireworks. Or if you get done earlier and have the park tickets, you can always take the monorail and head to the MK to watch them from Main Street.

pixiedustct
01-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks so much! We decided to keep our 6:40 ressies. If we finish early we'll just walk around the resort and stake out a good spot on the beach. I'm trying to look for new and "different" things to do since I've been before but my friend has not. Now I can just worry about looking forward to my dinner at 'Ohana!