PDA

View Full Version : Kids and the first time visit.....

johnw
01-01-2011, 01:28 AM
:mickey: When anyone takes a child to Disney World and if It's there first time visiting and thats noted somewhere on Disneys side(Reservations or elsewhere) does Disney do anything special for the child at any point on your arrival or during the stay? Our little girl will be 4 at the time we go and is just in love with Mickey and his friends.

Thanks. John in MI. :mickey:

Disney4us2
01-01-2011, 01:34 AM
They have buttons that say "My 1st Visit" on them. Not sure if they do anything else. I know when I was making my dining ADR's, under celebrations there was a box for first visit.

Our first time they didn't do anything. The buttons came out after our first time.

Strmchsr
01-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Nothing other than the button. Since Disney started the "what will you celebrate" every person is celebrating something so there's really nothing else they can do.

chefmickey3
01-01-2011, 08:14 AM
PP are correct - the pin may be the only thing you get from Disney. A fun tradition in our family is a new stuffed animal from the gift shop to sleep with during the trip. We present them to the kids before bedtime on the first night. If you don't want to pay Disney prices, buy it at the Disney store at home before you leave and hide it in the luggage. Unfortunately, my guys are getting too big for stuffed things (and we have too many stuffed things) so our new tradition will be a new pin for their lanyards.

Have a magical trip!

MarkC
01-01-2011, 09:39 AM
While its shocking for most of us regulars to fathom, most of the people who attend Disney are actually on their first (and often only) trip to Disney. The cost of a vacation to Disney for an average American makes it too much for other than a once in a lifetime trip, and most people can never afford to go unless they live close.

So, the bottom line is that there isn't too much Disney could do or they would spend most of their time on all the first timers. But that doesn't mean you won't have an awesome time. Just try to relax and soak in the atmosphere a little.

lynnek
01-01-2011, 06:57 PM
We went for the first time in November and actually found the CM's to be very aware of First Timers--especially kids. My DD1 was trading pins a lot. After approaching one CM to trade, they would comment on it being her first time, take her to another CM and introduce her, very engaged with her. We tried to make sure we wore our buttons, in case we did something you all would think clueless--we were!

LisaP
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I would suggest looking at the Magical Beginnings section of Disney's website, which includes maps for each park and the attractions best tailored to your DD's age. My DS was almost 4 for our first trip and we enjoyed all the attractions and rides that Disney had to offer specifically for his age. If you are unable to navigate any of the parks entirely (weather, nap, etc), you can target the features she would enjoy best.

Enjoy your trip! :mickey: