PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club or Polynesian?

txdisneyfanatic
12-31-2010, 06:37 PM
We have booked a room at the Beach Club for the upcoming summer, but we are now considering the Polynesian because it is closer to the Magic Kingdom. We would love to hear any reviews of people who have stayed at both of these resorts and how the two compare?! Thanks and Happy New Year 2011! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
12-31-2010, 06:51 PM
We had the same "problem" a few years ago. We just couldn't decide so our solution was to stay at both. We spent 7 nights at BC, followed by 3 nights at the Poly. We definitely enjoyed the Poly more, but that could be because we had done all the parks during the previous week and found ourselves wanting to spend more time at the resort. While at the BC we were in the parks a lot and didn't get as much resort time in as we would have liked. I think we'll give the BC another try, during the summer months, and try to spend more time at the resort. You can't go wrong either way, but if its not too much of a hassel for you, you could do like we did and do a split stay.

teambricker04
01-01-2011, 02:13 PM
We love the BC, but have not had the opportunity to stay at the Poly. EPCOT is our favorite park and we really like the short walk there. Our last time there our kids were still doing strollers and we could walk through EPCOT and get on the monorail and to MK faster than waiting for the bus. Now that they don't ride in strollers, that probably won't be the case. We found that we were able to use Stormalong Bay every single day as the hotel was convient to the parks we frequented the most (E and DHS). I think you have to consider the pools and how much you'll use them as well as which parks you will be frequenting the most. Either way, I think you will make a great choice!

(PS I love split stays! I think buzznwoodysmom is on to something!:mickey:)

DisneyGiant
01-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Do you have young children? If so - I'd lean toward the Poly to be closer to the MK.

If you're children are older - then I'd suggest the Beach Club - you can't swim in that pool unless you stay there.

And its very convenient for Epcot dining. We love being able to walk in after refreshing in our room from a busy day. If you're staying on the MK side - you have to allot an hour to get to an Epcot restaurant for dinner.

Good luck with your decision!

Stickey
01-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Based on the resort alone, we found the Poly to be far superior to the BC. Also, we preferred the YC to the BC.

Poly:
1) Theming
2) Resort restaurants
3) Monorail
4) Boat service to MK

BC:
1) Location, walk to Epcot, DHS, and Boardwalk.
2) Stormalong Bay

sammysmom
01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
We stayed at the Beach Club for the first time last September and LOVED IT!! You will not be disappointed with this hotel. Walk to Epcot is awesome and you can walk or ferry to Hollywood Studios. I vote for Beach Club 100%!!

mom2morgan
01-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Okay - haven't stayed at either so I can only dream at this poing ;-) BUT...I love them both from my visits and research. Polynesian is much more my "style" BUT I'd give my eye-teeth to swim in Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club! I'd seriously consider the split stay idea - enjoy Epcot and DHS and all that great dining while at the BC and then catch the water parade, fireworks from the beach, proximity to MK and other monorail resorts/dining at the Poly!

LudwigVonDrake
01-03-2011, 08:00 PM
I love the Beach Club but you just can't beat the Polynesian :tikki:

ThanxForNoticin
01-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Both are absolutely amazing resorts. Your own family situation and location preference would have to be a primary driver here, as others have said. If you plan to spend a lot of time at MK, then Poly is easy. If you spend more time at EPCOT and/or Disney Studios, then BC is easy. Just comparing the 2 resorts head-to-head, we prefer the look, feel, and theme of the BC by about 50.5% - 49.5%! Again, both are some of the nicest resorts anywhere - you don't have a bad choice.

brivers222
01-04-2011, 01:15 PM
we are staying at the poly for the first time... wouldn't have it any other way