PDA

View Full Version : Common Problem

xo0ally
12-31-2010, 12:37 PM
My family and I are starting to begin our planning to Disney in July. Our problem is there is we don't know where to stay. We usually love to stay at POR. But this time there is 5 of us going all of which are considered adults since the kids are over 18. We want to try and get a place with one or two bedrooms, but we do not wish to spend an arm and a leg on the hotel since we do not spend a lot of time at our hotel. Any ideas!? Thanks.

PrettyMinnie
12-31-2010, 12:49 PM
I would suggest adjoining rooms at a value. We have a family of 6, and although not all of the kids are over 18, they certainly aren't little! With the adjoining rooms you get 2 bathrooms, which is a plus for getting ready in the morning, and more space to move around. This seems to be the most cost effective for our family.

We have recently been thinking about taking a trip with the grandparents as well making us a family of 8. We were thinking of trying either the Swan or Dolphin because they are priced more moderately but are more along the lines of a deluxe with close proximity to Epcot. The moderate price would allow us to get 2 rooms there as well.

Madame Leona
12-31-2010, 02:08 PM
I second ajoining rooms at a value. We found that works best for us (sometimes a family of 5). I was even surprised to find that usually cost us less that a family suite at a value.

ftwildernesskid
12-31-2010, 07:38 PM
We did 2 rooms at a value for our last stay at WDW. It was great! We're doing the same thing for our stay in June. I may be wrong, but since all of your party is over 18, I'm not sure they'll guarantee adjoining rooms. You may just want to check that out.

tcswife
12-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Adjoining rooms are wonderful!!! Did this for the 1st time last month and had an abundant amount of space and privacy for everyone!!! No waiting in line for toilets and showers!!!