PDA

View Full Version : From the Burgh to WDW 12/17 to 12/23 Day 5

BritCody
12-31-2010, 07:24 AM
Day 5

Epcot for Early Magic Hours. We arrived prior to opening and they had the ticket area roped off. So they had you waiting about 50 feet or so from the ticket stalls. I thought this was a little odd until they went to drop the rope and they only dropped two small sections of the rope and not the entire rope, thus creating havoc and a bunch of pushing. We were fortunate enough to be a few feet from one of the openings, but others were who waited along the rope who were there first were angry and caught up in the pushing and shoving. I look at it this way I am in WDW I'm not letting anything get me upset, we are there to enjoy ourselves. But this could have been a real nightmare for some and would have easily have been prevented if the lines would have started at the ticket stalls.
My DD went and got FP's for Soarin and once we caught up to her we rode Soarin. The kids went to TT while I got Pap a coffee. When the kids came back we rode the Land and then used the FP's for Soarin. After that we wandered through Innoventions and did some shopping in the stores. We checked out the Christmas tree and the other decorations. We looked around the areas of Canada and England that were open at this point. We then went to our 11:30 ADR at LeCellier. We took in their opening ceremony of singing their national anthem and had a very nice meal. The food was great but, my only problem was that, and people dealing with wheelchairs can relate to this, but when you have a wheelchair in your party they either put you close to the entrance of the restuarant or furthest from the entrance. In most cases it is furthest away. I understand why they do this to a point. We of course were furthest away from the entrance and with the restaurant being small when we left we had to back the wheelchair out the entire way as there is no room to turn it around. Plus you have to ask the tables on both sides of the aisle way for the entire aisle way to please move in. Sort of a hassle, but like I said we are in WDW no reason to get upset, just enjoy yorself.
After leaving LeCellier we toured all of the countries spending more time in Germany as German is one of my DD majors in college. We ended our tour of the countries in Mexico with Sombrero Donald. Pap is a huge Donald fan and no matter what we always have to stop and see Donald. While we were just about to see Donald a lady came up to cast member in charge of the line and asked if the little boy with her could see Donald. The boy was around 8 and he had Down Syndrome. The Cast Member asked me if it was okay? I said are you crazy of course he can go ahead. The little boy was soooo happy and he was grinning ear to ear and hugging Donald and after meeting Donald he was still smiling and jumping for joy. That moment made my day and vacation, because that is what Disney is and should be about, putting a smile on a childs face!!!!
After Epcot we went back to POFQ to freshen up. We had late a late dinner ADR at Chef Mickey's. We always go to Chef Mickey's it is sort of a tradition. It was my mothers favorite place dating back to the days when it used to be located at Downtown Disney. Once we got there we checked out the decorations and met Scrooge and Daisy Duck at a photo op near a Christmas tree on the 4th floor. After that we went to the restaurant and had a nice meal and met Mickey and the crew. After dinner we went on the balcony and looked out at the MK and then did some more shopping before calling it a night.

PrettyMinnie
12-31-2010, 08:41 AM
Sounds like a good day! Glad you didn't let the little things spoil your time in WDW! :minnie:

DisneyorBust
12-31-2010, 09:29 AM
What a great way to spend your day in WDW! Glad to read that you won't let things ruin your magic.

faline
01-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Great attitude and I'm sure it serves you well! Little hassles need not become major issues!

Another nice day!

pdrlkr
01-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
01-07-2011, 03:00 PM
I wonder what was up with park opening - not only does it seem like chaos to create a small opening instead of a full rope drop, but I can imagine all the pushing and shoving going on to get through to Soarin'!

The little boy was soooo happy and he was grinning ear to ear and hugging Donald and after meeting Donald he was still smiling and jumping for joy. That moment made my day and vacation, because that is what Disney is and should be about, putting a smile on a childs face!!!! :cool:

Both LeCellier & Chef Mickey's today - very nice! :mickey:

vizsla
01-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-20-2011, 09:36 AM
that was a nice gesture for the little boy with Down's...thanks for the report