PDA

View Full Version : Staying Wilderness Lodge Club Level

KennyandKim
12-31-2010, 03:45 AM
We will be staying September 2011 Club level for 7 days. Is there a room request we should ask for? I know it says all club level rooms are on the 7th floor. This will be to celebrate our twin daughters 16th birthday so we are planning something special for them and will be asking for the help of the concierge staff

Disney4us2
01-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't have an answer to your question, but wanted to say Hi and welcome to Intercot.

Maybe someone who has stayed club level will be by soon with an answer for you.

KennyandKim
01-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Thank you. I had been on intercot the last two trip plannings and since we are planning another trip I knew this was the place to come back to

fcanal
01-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't have an advice for room requests, because we had a Deluxe room on the first floor. I can tell you that the Concierge staff is very helpful. I had several special requests, and they were able to make suggestions and help accommodate with all of them. I would say don't hesitate to ask!
We are staying CL at the Contemporary in March for my daughter's 16th birthday. I am taking her and 2 of her friends. CR CL has a lot to live up to against WL CL.
Enjoy your trip!

morrismhs
01-04-2011, 01:19 PM
We have stayed twice at WLCL. Both times I requested a room on the Magic Kingdom side. We were able to see the fireworks each night from our balcony. The downside is the loading dock is directly below but we were never were bothered by noise. All you have to do is email the concierge desk and they will place the request on your reservation.

Mousemates
01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
It really depends on what you want view-wise. My wife loves to be able to see "Disney stuff" from the room so we chose to be on the side of the CR and from our room (one of the honeymoon suites) we could see the monorail, the CR, and most of the fireworks from wishes. If you want privacy and a quiet view go with a woods view on the WLV side, and if you like to people watch take the courtyard view.

We have only done the concierge level at three resorts (WL, GF, and BC) but of the three our favorite was the WL. Loved sitting and eating breakfast at one of the tables that overlooked both Bay Lake and the lobby. We also enjoyed the food offerings better there than the other resorts.

KennyandKim
01-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you for your answers. I would like to see fireworks from our balcony. I contemplated upgrading to Deluxe dining but after your comment about their concierge level offerings I am willing to pass on the dining upgrade. We are celebrating our twin daughters 16th birthday and hope the concierge staff can help make it memorable for them. It's noted on our reservation. We have never stayed Club level so I am very excited to do so.

TheRustyScupper
01-05-2011, 12:42 PM
I know it says all club level rooms are on the 7th floor.

1) Deluxe Rooms (the old "Junior Suites") are CL rooms.
2) They are located on floors other than #7.

wmdaddy
01-05-2011, 01:44 PM
I actually prefer the rooms on the 6th floor to the rooms on the 7th floor. It's difficult to see over the balconies on the 7th floor without standing.

KennyandKim
01-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Can we request the 6th floor?

wmdaddy
01-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Can we request the 6th floor?

Not if you're staying Club Level. It's not that bad on the 7th floor. If you requested a room facing the MK, you can still see some of the fireworks if you stand up. It's just much more enclosed than the other floors.