PDA

View Full Version : sleeping 7

cfoshe
12-29-2010, 10:19 PM
I want to start off by saying I am not trying to beat the system or break any rules. In 2012 we are talking about going to WDW for another round. There will be 3 adults, 3 older kids, and a 1year old. Is there any where on property to sleep 7 with out renting 2 rooms.

Basket Mommy
12-30-2010, 06:56 AM
This was cut & pasted from Disney's website after Googling the phrase "Disney World rooms that sleep 7":

Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa – Sleeps Up to 9

The Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa are stand-alone Disney Deluxe Villas nestled in natural forest glens just around the river bend from the bustling Downtown Disney Area. The 60 three-bedroom vacation homes—elevated 10 feet off the ground on pedestals and beams designed to blend into the lush wilderness environment—sleep 9 Guests and feature modern luxuries such as cathedral ceilings, granite countertops and flat-panel TVs.

Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels – Sleeps Up to 8 Guests

Relish the roominess of Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels, which include one and two-bedroom villas. Each two-bedroom villa sleeps up to 8 Guests and includes home-like amenities such as a full kitchen, a whirlpool tub, DVD player, washer and dryer.

Choose from locations in 7 delightful Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels:

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Beach Club Villas
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort

If the 1 YO can sleep in a crib, these might work for you:

Moderate Resort Hotel – Sleeps Up to 6 Guests

Spread out and relax in the home-style comfort at The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort! The spacious, secluded Wilderness Cabins sleep up to 6 Guests and feature more than 500 square feet of living, dining and sleeping area, as well as a private patio with BBQ grill and picnic table. The kitchen is fully equipped, but don't worry about the dishes—we'll do them for you!

Value Resort Hotel – Sleeps Up to 6 Guests

Enjoy a jazzy location at Disney's All-Star Music Resort, a Resort Hotel located near Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. The Disney Resort Hotel's family suites, which sleep up to 6 Guests, have a separate bedroom, pull-out sofas in the living room, 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette.

LVT
12-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Note that sometime in 2012 the family suites in the new animation resort will be open. They appear to be like the ones in All Star Music. They will sleep 6 and 1 under 3 in crib. I favor 2 connecting rooms. The door in between allows you to bolt one exterior door for child safety.
2 rooms at POP are about the same price as a Family suite in the values, but they have sales and the suites do not.

magicofdisney
12-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Note that sometime in 2012 the family suites in the new animation resort will be open. They appear to be like the ones in All Star Music. They will sleep 6 and 1 under 3 in crib. I favor 2 connecting rooms. The door in between allows you to bolt one exterior door for child safety.
2 rooms at POP are about the same price as a Family suite in the values, but they have sales and the suites do not.
I agree with this. The benefit of two value rooms (aside from costs) is 2 bathrooms (huge for us) 2 TVs and 4 beds. Definitely something to consider. Good luck with your search. :mickey:

Goes4FastPass
12-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Hello cfoshe,

2 Rooms may your best choice if you're looking at costs.

There certainly are 'viilas' and so forth at some Disney resorts but if the accomodations at a value resort suit your needs, a set of adjoining all star rooms could give your 7 folks a bed, bath and extra magic hours.

Basket Mommy
12-30-2010, 10:57 AM
I agree with this. The benefit of two value rooms (aside from costs) is 2 bathrooms (huge for us) 2 TVs and 4 beds. Definitely something to consider.

I totally agree. The bathrooms at the values are tiny, but at least you get 2 of them when you get connecting rooms.

2 Rooms may your best choice if you're looking at costs.

There certainly are 'viilas' and so forth at some Disney resorts but if the accomodations at a value resort suit your needs, a set of adjoining all star rooms could give your 7 folks a bed, bath and extra magic hours.

Definitely. Two rooms at a value are going to be MUCH cheaper than one villa anywhere else, unless you're a DVC member or want to rent points from one.

cfoshe
12-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks all. I am trying to keep cost down, as much as possible with 7. I do think that 2 joining rooms at POP will work, or maybe try the new resort that is opening.