PDA

View Full Version : Any good books or Mags. gather more info

johnw
12-29-2010, 05:38 PM
:mickey: We have some time before we go on our vacation to Disney World and at the that time our daughter will be 4. We ordered the free Disney CD and watched it backwards and forwards. I was wondering can anyone else suggest a book to get or a magazine to subscribe too to gather more Disney information about the parks? Thank you for your time.

John in MI. :mickey:

faline
12-29-2010, 05:51 PM
The Official Guide to Disney World is a favorite of mine. Many folks like the Unofficial Guide. Passporter is another source for lots of information and also provides a way for you to keep all your planning information together. There really aren't any magazines out there without spending a fair amount of money. There's a magazine that comes out to members of D23 - Disney'f fan club; there's a quarterly one for annual passholders (but for some reason, it appears not all passholders get added to the mailing list) and a publication that is mailed to vacation club members.

kakn7294
12-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Birnbaum's also publishes a number of guides - a general WDW one, with kids, without kids, etc. They aren't the greatest but I have a fondness for them since they are the first guidebook I ever read. I recommend going to a library or book reseller before buying one. Older editions can yield alot of good info at a reduced price. Just remember that sometimes even the most current editions aren't 100% accurate as WDW changes frequently!

Maleficent_vf
12-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Celebrations is a great magazine dedicated to WDW - there's even a section for kids. The magazine is written by fans and has regular features like photography, dining, resorts, travel tips, etc. Not sure how much time there is before your trip, so I'm not sure how appropriate a magazine subscription would be as it only publishes 6 issues/year. You can find out more on the web - search for celebrations press

A guide book might be a better option. In addition to the Birnbaum's guides others have mentioned, I like the Passporter guides and The Complete Walt Disney World by the Neals.

mom2morgan
12-29-2010, 08:36 PM
My favourite is "the Unofficial Guide" - but I must say I've bought ever single guide book I could find!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Celebrations is a great magazine dedicated to WDW - there's even a section for kids. The magazine is written by fans and has regular features like photography, dining, resorts, travel tips, etc. Not sure how much time there is before your trip, so I'm not sure how appropriate a magazine subscription would be as it only publishes 6 issues/year. You can find out more on the web - search for celebrations press

I love Celebrations - it is also good for after your trip, and for planning for the next one :mickey:

From the same people who publish Celebrations, there is a Guide to the Magic for Kids, which might be fun for your daughter.