PDA

View Full Version : Wizarding World of Disney Day 9

brownie
12-29-2010, 04:49 PM
We were up early again on Thursday, December 2, 2010. We met our neighbors, the Lenning, at the Beach Club Resort for a 7:40am breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Our family really enjoys this character breakfast buffet, and it did not disappoint once again! We saw Goofy, Minnie, and Donald during breakfast. After breakfast, we drove to Epcot. It was a cool day, especially in the morning, so we wore jackets or sweatshirts all day.

We got into the park before the rope drop. When the park officially opened, it seemed like everyone in the park headed to the Land pavilion. We headed there, too, to get Fastpasses for Soarin'. Bob and I did not go in, however. My bride surprised me with an early birthday present: Bob and I were going on the Around the World at Epcot Segway tour. So, we headed to Guest Relations to check-in. While we were riding our Segways in World Showcase, which was awesome (I want one!), everyone else spent time in Innoventions, went on Test Track, and experience the Seas with Nemo & Friends.

Bob and I finished our Segway tour around noon. We all headed over to the Land pavilion to use our Fastpasses for Soarin'. We still had to wait 15-20 minutes in line. After Soarin', we rode Living with the Land, since the line was very short. Justin didn't want to eat in Sunshine Seasons, so we headed for the Electric Umbrella. The JAMMitors, whom I really wanted to see, had just started performing outside Innoventions West. We stopped to watch them, but Justin started whining about being hungry and complaining that they had already seen them perform. So I took him to the Electric Umbrella, got him lunch, sat him at a table, and went back to see the JAMMitors, who had concluded their show. The neighbors weren't hungry, so they headed for Spaceship Earth. We had lunch at the Electric Umbrella and then all of us rode Spaceship Earth (the neighbors for a second time.) I liked answering the questions at the end but I miss Jeremy Irons' narration.

We headed over to Test Track and used Fastpasses the ladies had picked up in the morning to ride it. After Test Track, Mark, Nick, Zach and I rode Mission Space, the orange side. I've never ridden it. In fact, we've avoided it on previous trips because of the reports of people getting sick. I have to say, it was AWESOME! I'm sorry I didn't ride it on previous trips. There was no wait, so the three boys and I rode it again! I love how it makes it hard to move your arms and legs.

We went to the Imagination pavilion and saw Captain EO. There weren't many people waiting to see it. I've never seen it, and having seen it now, I don't know why they brought it back. Bring back Honey I Shrunk the Audience! It's way better than Captain EO!

After Captain EO we went to Future World. The kids picked up a Kim Possible communicator in Italy and headed to Japan to complete their mission. The Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure is really cool. I like how it makes things happen in the pavilions. I did notice that all the missions we went on while at Epcot involved at least some time in a gift shop in the pavilion. After Japan, the kids completed the mission in Germany. I really liked this one, and they had a cool effect in the town for the trains.

When they finished the mission, it was time to head to dinner in Italy. We had advance dining reservations at Via Napoli. The pizza there was great! I was worried about getting the individual pizzas on the dining plan, but we had plenty to eat. I can't wait to go back!

The Kim Possible communicator shut down during dinner, so we turned it in and went to Norway (grabbing hot pretzels from Germany along the way) to ride the Maelstrom. There was no line. After the Maelstrom, we went on the Gran Fiesta Tour with the Three Caballeros in Mexico, which also did not have a line. I really liked the changes they made to that attraction. I think they did a good job with it.

We returned to Future World. The neighbors did some shopping in Mouse Gear before heading back to Pop Century while Justin, Mark, and I took a nighttime spin on Test Track. There was really no line for Test Track. After we rode Test Track, we headed back to Pop Century.

We met up with the Lennings in the arcade. Justin and Mark used the arcade points from our package (100 points sounds like a lot but I think it worked out to a value of $2.00.) We said our goodbyes to the Lennings; they would begin their trip back to Michigan in the morning (we still had another day in the parks.) After that, we turned in for the night.

faline
12-29-2010, 06:22 PM
The Segways are such fun! Glad you got to enjoy them!

Very nice Epcot day!

pdrlkr
12-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
01-07-2011, 03:18 PM
My bride surprised me with an early birthday present: Bob and I were going on the Around the World at Epcot Segway tour. A big thumbs-up to your wife for thinking of this - I bet you had a blast!

Sadly, my family's been too much of a chicken to try M:S Orange Team. Glad you enjoyed your flight & you felt no ill effects afterwards!

A great day at Epcot - after reading your report, I'm really looking forward to trying Via Napoli next trip! :mickey: