PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Creek

BugeyedMuggy
12-28-2010, 09:43 AM
We were considering trying this resort. Can anyone tell me if they have transportation to the parks? Is it worth it vs Disney resorts. All help is welcome. Thanks.

blackcaex2
12-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey there! I was at bonnet creek back in April for my honeymoon in a one bedroom deluxe.

It has a fantastic location inside disney world. From my balcony I could see the Caribbean beach resort and the pop century as well as the swan and dolphin. If you have a room on the opposite side you can see epcot (and the fireworks).

It is a beautiful resort inside and out!! Tons of space, the whirlpool bath is awesome. I could live in the one bedroom unit!

The resort offers bus transportation to the parks and I'm sure it works fine. We rented a car for our honeymoon though. I dunno why people get all worked up about disney transportation when you can rent a car for 6 days for $100.

Bonnet Creek has somewhat of a boring theme. You miss out on that special disney touch a bit. However, what you get is a huge, spacious place to stay that is gorgeous, and convenient.

If bonnet creek was a disney resort, the smallest rooms would probably go for $600 a night easily.

So yeah, bonnet creek rocks! My next vacation I am staying at bonnet creek for the first 3 nights and then transferring to wilderness lodge for the next 3. Best of both worlds. I'm only doing this because my grandma is gifting us the first 3 nights. I'd have no problem staying there every time I went to disney.

BugeyedMuggy
12-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the info. We have never stayed at a non disney resort (besides Dolphin) and was wondering if we would miss the transportation. We would not rent a car due the fact I like to do one park in the morning and go back to the resort mid afternoon ,then off to another park for the evening. All that parking would be alot. We won't miss the Disney theming as we don't usually travel with young children. We do like the large rooms and the lower than Disney hotel cost. Maybe we will give it a try on a split stay.

DizneyRox
12-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Remember, Bonnet Creek transportation will drop you in the parking lots for each park, which is TTC for MK. Not the Disney bus stops either, the offsite parking lot spots, which are exposed to the elements.

Also, since it's not affliated at all with Disney, you won't get EMH opportunities.

When driving, be sure to include the cost of parking in with your hotel room. Last I checked it was $15 a day.

andreallybadeggs
01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
We also hop and take mid day breaks. Other than to MK, I think we normally do as well or better with our own transportation as we do waiting for busses. I certainly understand that lots of people on vacation just want to leave the driving to someone else but we prefer having more control over our own scheduling. And yes, you do need to budget for the daily parking fee if you stay non-Disney but it's the same amount whether you stay at one park or hop to all four.

Patricia
01-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Not saying this would work for you as many people are not interested in walking too far, but..

We considered staying at this resort last time and decided it was close enough to CBR to use their buses if we wanted to do that occasionally to AK and MK. We'd walk to Epcot and the Studios from this resort as both are only about a mile away. Although I didn't end up staying there, it's on my future resort list.

Don't worry that using the CBR bus won't be allowed. All Disney park passes include unlimited Disney transportation between parks and resorts. :thumbsup:

The buses at Bonnet Creek will work for you as well, although they will be on a different schedule (usually hourly) and are dropped off in the lots, a little closer than parking a car though.