PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Parade filming

luvkatiebug
12-27-2010, 10:33 PM
So, as I sat and happily watched the Disney Christmas parade on Christmas morning, I was thinking... "I've got to take my girls to WDW during the holidays". Well, it just so happens that my daughters' birthdays are both December 3rd. I noticed on the internet that the parade this past year was filmed on December 3rd. Does anyone know if they always film the first week of December? I was thinking how awesome it would be to surprise them with a trip for their birthdays and possibly see some of their favorite Disney stars. Thanks for the info, as always!:mickey:

Buttercup
12-27-2010, 11:37 PM
They do it over the course of several days I believe. The parade itself might be one day, and then the performances are sporadically on other days.
It's usually around one-month before Christmas that filming begins but that changes from year to year.
If you want to get tickets, they usually start registration in October from what I understand, and it's on a first come, first served basis.

Melanie
12-28-2010, 08:08 AM
This year there were no tickets given to the general public. And yes, the last 5-6 years filming has occured the first weekend (Friday-Sunday) of December.

luvkatiebug
12-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Wow! I fell really uninformed. I didn't even realize that it was a ticketed event. (Guess it wouldn't be very Disney-like to not have it planned out like that). I may just see how things go and if we can get tickets by registering then I'll go from there. Thanks for the info!:mickey: