View Full Version : How far is Boma from AK park?

NokOnHarts
12-27-2010, 05:46 PM
We have dining reservations at 7:30PM for Boma. For some reason I forgot this restaurant was not in AK park but in the resort. How far/long is it from AK park to Boma & what is the quickest route/transportation to the restaurant? We were thinking of catching the 6:00pm showing of Lion King before dinner so want to make sure we'd have enough time to get to Boma by 7:15ish.

Thank you!

forever a child
12-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Not sure how long Lion King is...but my guess is 20 - 30 minutes tops. If you are at the bus stop by 7pm, I would think you should have plenty of time. We had our ressies 30 minutes after park closing and we didn't have any issue. We headed out a few 5-10 before park closing and got on a bus quickly. Even if there is a hold up on buses...they are really close to the resort for you to catch a second bus.

SBETigg
12-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Take the bus from the AK to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's only a five minute ride, but if there's a wait, it could be 20 minutes or longer. I think you're probably pushing it to catch the 6 pm Lion King and make it on time, considering you should check in 15 minutes prior to your actual seating time by Disney's request when you make ADRs. If you could make your time for slightly later or catch an earlier Lion King show, you would be in better shape.

WDW&MK
12-28-2010, 12:49 PM
I agree with SBETigg. I would catch an earlier showing of the Lion King. It is quite a hike to the entrance where the buses are at AK and you would also be betting on the buses being there right away. Buses typically run every 15-20 minutes (possibly more often at park closing but not necessarily), so you could run late if the buses are not on time. I usually give us an hour of travel time just to be on the safe side. If we get to Boma early, we see if we can check in early and sometimes they can even get us in before our ADR time.

cer
12-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Last time we took a bus from Animal Kingdom to AKL for dinner at Boma, which was in Feb 2009, the bus picked us up, stopped at the only open water park, then stopped at Kidani Village and THEN took us to AKL. -At least that is how I remember it. So I definitely would plan for the hour of travel time that they advise for getting to your destination.

I don't know what others have experienced, but that is what I recall happening to us.

DizneyRox
12-28-2010, 02:43 PM
A 6pm show and then AKL could be really tight as others have said. Way too many variables. You're probably look at 15 minutes to get from FotLK to the front of the park, another 5-10 to get to the bus stop, possibly a wait for a bus, and then you'll probably be going to Kidani Village first before dropping off at Jambo House. I forget how long the show is, but you're cutting it really close.

Boma is usually turning people away for not having ADRs, so I'm not sure how long they will hold a reservation. I wouldn't risk showing up too late.

Mogie
12-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Lion King is about half hour. Just hop on a bus right after to the Animal Kingdom Lodge...should only take a couple minutes.

forever a child
12-28-2010, 06:57 PM
We left the park about 30-40 minutes before our ADR time and had no problem arriving in time. We took wdw transportation. We were not there 15 minutes prior....we got there about 5 minutes prior to our reservations.

NokOnHarts
12-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Thank you for all the replies. I think we'll just plan on trying to see Lion King on the morning we go instead of in the evening for EMH.

Speaking of evening EMH though, it doesn't seem like there is much to do at AK during evening EMH. I've read the park is beautiful at night so I'd like to see it but besides riding EE and maybe TriceraTop Spin for my 2 year old - is there anything you'd recommend as a "must do/must see" in the evening? I know all the trails and such are closed so don't want to just wander around. Also - is Nemo a must? Not sure we can fit it in when we go in the AM but would like to try if its worth it.

Thanks!

Kairi_7378
12-29-2010, 09:59 PM
EMH is nice at AK simply because it is a lot cooler. (For some reason that park always feels a lot hotter to us.) I believe that Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, and Primeval (sp?) Whirl are open for EMH's. We liked the Whirl a lot but I know it's not everyone's favorite.

WDW&MK
12-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Never done EMH at AK so I can't speak to that, but I had to chime in and say that I think Festival of the Lion King and the Finding Nemo show are two of the best shows on the property. Nemo is excellent.

There is usually quite a wait for Nemo and the show is probably a good 30 minutes, so I don't know how a toddler would handle that. Maybe someone else with little ones can comment on how that works for them. If you can manage it though, I highly recommend Nemo.