PDA

View Full Version : Best Quick Service Meal

bopeepfan
12-27-2010, 04:17 PM
This Christmas I got a Disney trip. We are going on January 27. We have the quick service dinning plan and I was wondering what are some of your favorite quick service places?

TheVBs
12-27-2010, 04:27 PM
One of the best qs meals we had on our last trip was at the Electric Umbrella in Epcot. We had some very yummy wraps!

Gator
12-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Flame Tree BBQ is by far my fav for CS. In fact, it may be my favorite dining place at all of WDW.

faline
12-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Pizzafari and Flame Tree at Animal Kingdom.
Casey's, Columbia Harbour House, El Pirata y El Perico, and Main Street Bakery in Magic Kingdom.
Boulangier Patissiere is my favorite in Epcot.
Don't really have a favorite at Disney Studios.

forever a child
12-27-2010, 04:32 PM
MK - Peco Bills
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
DTD - Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express

DHS - no preference

All of the places I have mentioned give you HUGE portions and Peco Bills has a bar with tomatoes, lettuce, sauteed onions, sauteed mushrooms, pickles, etc to add to your meal (a great value).

Wolfgang Puck could easily be shared and Sunshine Seasons has a great selection (more than the burger and fries).

Have fun!:mickey:

SD Price
12-27-2010, 04:46 PM
EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons-the varied menu choices cannot be beat.

MK: Columbia House-just love it there and Pecos Bill's-mounds of food.

DHS: Commissary-there is always something on the menu that is interesting.

AK: Flame Tree-the food is ok, but if you get that shelter down by the lake looking toward Everest, they could feed you ketchup on cardboard and you might not notice.

DizneyRox
12-27-2010, 05:01 PM
AK: Flame Tree-the food is ok, but if you get that shelter down by the lake looking toward Everest, they could feed you ketchup on cardboard and you might not notice.
Ketchup on cardboard is Pizzafari (actually just about all pizza joints in Florida) not Frame Tree. :D

Flame Tree is probably hands down one of my favorite restaurants at Disney. Considering all TS and QS, it's probably nearer to Top 5 than Top 10, but I'll say Top 10 to be safe. It's for sure the #1 QS location.

Melanie
12-27-2010, 05:03 PM
I actually think there isn't a lot wrong with any of the CS in AK. Tangierine Cafe in Epcot is one of my new favorites as well.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
12-27-2010, 05:05 PM
For all those that said Flame Tree BBQ at AK, I heartily agree. I have no idea why we never tried it on previous visits, but for whatever reason I suggested it to the DW this visit and we loved it, both for quantity and value. Heck, where else on Disney property are you going to get a half rack of St. Louis style ribs on the QS plan? DW had the pulled pork sandwhich and kids the chicken, all great.

Never been overly impressed with the food choices for QS at DHS. Again, not sure why we never tried it, but again suggested to DW that we try Starring Rolls, loved the sandwhiches. Might have been my wifes favorite QS (plus the desserts!).

EPCOT: only my personal choice, rest of family not big on it, but I always get the fish and chips at Yorkshire next to the Rose and Crown.

Magic Kingdom. Meh, not really a lot of great cuisine here. For value I'd recommend what others have said, Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbor House. The chicken strips were good at CHH, but wasn't overly impressed with fish and chips. Pecos has good burgers. But for both, at lunch time, it's a zoo, probably two of the busiest places around.

DTD: Tried Earl of Sandwhich for first time. Very good, although ordering can get a bit confusing and at peak times it gets VERY busy.

That was a pretty nice stocking stuffer you got:thumbsup:

Sylvia
12-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Santa was really good to you. Enjoy!!

I have many favorites, here are just a few:

MK - Pecos Bill's / Columbia Harbor House / Pinocchio's Village Haus / Casey's

EPCOT-
FW - Sunshine Seasons / Electric Umbrella
WS - Norway - Bakery (open-face sandwiches) / United Kingdom - Fish and Chips

DHS - Backlot Express / ABC Commissary

AK - Restaurantosaurus / and - a moment of silence for the former, great CS - Tusker House (now TS)

DTD - Earl of Sandwich

jensantuit
12-27-2010, 05:44 PM
We just used the quick service dining plan during our last trip in December. Some of our favorite counter service locations are:
MK - Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Rays.
Epcot - Electric Umbrella
Animal Kingdom - Yak and Yeti, Flame Tree BBQ
DTD - Wolfgang Express

mousetrapper
12-27-2010, 06:15 PM
I agree about Sunshine Seasons -- great selection and a bright, spacious spot to rest and have a nice meal.

Disney4us2
12-27-2010, 06:48 PM
We were there a few weeks ago and enjoyed the following the best:

Sunshine Seasons Epcot. I had seared ahi tuna noodle salad and DD had sweet/sour chicken. Both very yummy.

Flame Tree BBQ Animal kingdom. Another good meal here.

Cosmic Rays. MK Love the toppings bar they have for thier burgers etc.

Although not a CS we also enjoyed Beaches and Cream. I paid oop for that and it was very inexpensive.

Janmac
12-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Our takes on some of the Quick Service:

MK: we used to think Pecos Bill's was a must do and if it's your first time, perhaps worth your while but lately we have been talking about giving it a pass as too crowded and noisy and dark unless you are eating at 11:30 (when it's not as noisy or crowded but still dark). The main draw is the fixin's bar which allows you to dress your burger so much you can neither find it nor recognize it. The menu was different when we were there in January with mostly burgers it seemed. Seemed to have fewer choices.

Columbia Harbour House: much quieter but again, the menu seemed limited to those of our group who weren't interested in seafood or breaded entrees.

Cosmic Rays: much lighter brighter ambiance than Pecos with the same sort of fixin's bar and with more menu choices. This is our go to place for lunch at MK.

Epcot: we generally do TS in the evenings but this last trip really liked the counter service area at the Land Pavilion. LOTS of choices. Many of the countries have quick service outlets but some of them have limited menus, so for larger groups, this might not work.

Disney Hollywood Studios: still trying to find a place to eat lunch here, quick service. Thanks to a pp who mentioned Starring Rolls. We may give that place a chance.

AK: We like Flame Tree BBQ also - lots of choice - but recently had to add Yak and Yeti to our list of places we like at AK altho we did not try Y&Y this last trip. We discovered something about the Dining Plan at Y&Y. You can use your snack credits for some interesting items, such as egg rolls, which can fill out your main entree choice if you find the entrees a bit shy on food, which our teenage grandson did.

Too many places to eat and not enough time!

Jan

Buttercup
12-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Magic Kingdom: Pecos Bill's -- I love how you can "dress" your burgers yourself at the toppings bar with stuff not available at other quick service places (like fried onions, fresh tomatoes, etc.).

Epcot: Electric Umbrella -- some mighty tasty wraps there!

Animal Kingdom: Definitely the Flame Tree BBQ. Mmmm! Pulled pork sandwiches (that's what we call them up here in Canada!)

Hollywood Studios: I like the ABC Commissary because of the variety of sandwiches, although my old favorite was the Studio Catering Company (behind Star Tours/Indiana Jones) because they used to have Sloppy Joes... but not anymore. :(

SBETigg
12-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Epcot, my favorite place for quick service. I enjoy World Showcase for Quick Service. Yakitori House and Tangierine Cafe are two of my favorites, but I love lots of others depending on my mood. Sunshine Seasons is also pretty good for quick service, though.

In the MK, Columbia Harbour House, Casey's, and Pecos Bill Cafe.

In the AK, Flametree BBQ is good, but I also like Yak and Yeti quick serve and Restaurantasaurus isn't bad if you're looking to eat indoors.

At Hollywood Studios, we don't like much. We prefer to eat in other parks or resorts.

Resort Quick Service is pretty good, a little different sometimes with the added bonus of getting out of the parks and exploring other resorts. I like Gasparilla Grill and Captain Cook's.

PrettyMinnie
12-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Columbia Harbour House for sure in MK! They have really good food and even when the parks were packed, the place was empty. Also, they have an upstairs with a nice view. Definitely check it out!

Goes4FastPass
12-28-2010, 10:02 AM
We like Flame Tree and here's the "trick". There are many covered seating areas behind where you get you food. If you walk down the hill a bit you'll find areas that are less crowded. We like sitting near the water with a view of Expedition Everest.

(Hi Buttercup! We call it "pulled pork" in North Carolina too. I wonder what they call it in Qubec, alimentaire des barbares?)

Buttercup
12-28-2010, 10:46 AM
(Hi Buttercup! We call it "pulled pork" in North Carolina too. I wonder what they call it in Qubec, alimentaire des barbares?)
:D haha I thought all you Americans call those pulled pork sandwiches "Barbecue"... but up north here we say that a Barbecue is the appliance you grill hamburgers on. It's nice to know you North Carolina folks understand what I'm talking about when I slip-up and say pulled pork cooked on a barbecue! ha ha

Bethis26fan
12-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Cosmic Rays -The chicken dinner w/ the green beans. :) yum 333 more days.

JerseyDad
12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
....Cosmic Rays in MK....for two major reasons:

the food is really good (really super roast chicken meal...my fav)...and the "fixin's bar" is great for burger lovers..and non-burger lovers alike

the food selection variety is incredible...there is something for everyone...and that's usually the issue when chosing a place to eat with several people.

WDW&MK
12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Epcot - I LOVE Tangierene Cafe in Morocco. If you like greek Gyros the wraps they have at TC are very similar and are excellent. The sides might be a little adventurous for some but I think they are awesome (lentil salad and couscous salad for sides with yummy baklava for dessert). Also Sunshine cafe in the Lands has a fantastic variety and is close to the food you could get at a table service.

Magic Kingdom - Pecos Bills for the toppings bar and fantastic chocolate cake YUM!

DHS - We like Backlots - lots of seating and a general burger joint menu.

AK - Pizzafari. The art in the rooms is worth going into the restaurant just to look at it. Pizza is good (not fantastic but acceptable) and the cesar salad was a nice addition as a side this year.

Enjoy :mickey:

crltkcagle
12-28-2010, 02:46 PM
MK- Pecos Bill
HS- Pizza Planet
Epcot- The Seasons
AK- Flame Tree Barbecue

mom2morgan
12-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Honestly, our favourite place to eat Quick Service is at our own food court! (we stayed at POR). Also liked Starring Rolls in DHS, Golden Horseshoe in MK (lunch and a show - but not sure what you get on the plan. We usually are more interested in the ice cream desserts ;-) Flame Tree at AKL. LOTS of good stuff in Epcot - pretty much can't go wrong! Also kind of fun to go to other resorts and eat in THEIR Quick Service locations. We discovered the fare at the deluxes was definitely "fancier" than what we had at POR, and it was nice to ee the other resorts :-)

Crow
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
MK Pecos Bills. thats the only place i really eat at MK
Epcot-Tangierine Cafe, Yorkshire County Fish.
DHS..nothing IVe eaten at
AK Flame Tree
DD Cookes of Dublin. i want to try Earl or WOlfgangs sometime
Coronado Springs. the food court used to be on DDP & u could get a steak for CS credit..

ginny57
12-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Check out Boulangerie Patisserie @ EPCOT in World Showcase....they have pretty good quiche and sandwiches .. but limited outdoor seating.

teambricker04
12-29-2010, 03:04 PM
MK -- Pinocchio Haus. While the food isn't spectacular, we like to watch the IASW boats. We also love Cosmic Rays for the large selection and the kids LOVE Sonny Eclipse.

Epcot -- Tangierene Cafe in Morocco... my mouth is now watering.

DHS -- Not much, but if we had to pick it would be Pizza Planet as we have a HUGE TS fan in our family.

AK -- Flame Tree BBQ

forever a child
12-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Coronado Springs. the food court used to be on DDP & u could get a steak for CS credit..

This is still the case. I have not had one though so I can't comment on how good or bad they are.