PDA

View Full Version : When to plan for next trip???

forever a child
12-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Just got back and already missing WDW. But half the fun is in the planning so I am hoping for some Intercot help...

When would be a good time to go??

DD would love to visit during the Halloween time :mpumpkin:(I am not as excited about this time myself and I don't think it will work great with her school/swim Schedule...but her Birthday is Oct 1st...so that could add to the fun) I really have never liked Halloween much...:unsure:

Our second option is returning for 2nd week in Dec again 2011. :santa3: I really like this...even though I prefer warm weather...I really loved being there during Christmas time and would love to do it again and perhaps cash in on some warm(er) weather next time!

Our last option is to wait until May 2012 for DD's Graduation, but if I played my cards right we could do both ;)

So give me your opinions, thoughts & suggestions. I really don't care when free dining is...I will plan on paying OOP for our next visits. I would like a nice room only discount code (the one I currently have is only good until June of 2011). We will do a split resort visit too...but that's another question for planning!

Thanks all!
Happy New Year!

:newyear:

Madame Leona
12-27-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm not a huge Halloween fan but Disney does a really good job of making it fun. The weather is warm that time of year and the decorations are amazing. Plus, if you go to MNSSHP, it is by far the best parade they have!!!!
My second choice would be to go for graduation. Talk about a nice grad gift. Plus, if your dd is going away to college, it's a nice memory to take with her.

PrettyMinnie
12-27-2010, 04:17 PM
If you can swing both, of course that would be my vote, but if not I voted May. We love to visit WDW in May, especially in the beginning. The weather is warm, which we like as well, but we have found that it wasn't too hot yet. Also, the crowds are low and we had wonderful stays.

Either way you can't go wrong. Happy planning! :minnie:

forever a child
12-28-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm not a huge Halloween fan but Disney does a really good job of making it fun. The weather is warm that time of year and the decorations are amazing. Plus, if you go to MNSSHP, it is by far the best parade they have!!!!

I wonder what most people prefer, Halloween or Christmas? I really love the Christmas decorations! Still it would be nice to be there when warmer weather is pretty certain! LOL

ShanPooh
12-31-2010, 01:07 AM
I voted for Halloween 2011
That's when we wanted to go, but we have no idea when DS is coming home so we are waiting, waiting, waiting instead.
Have you been around October? MNSSHP is wonderful. The Food and Wine Festival is yummy.
DD (6) still talks about going to WDW for her fourth birthday (actually it coincided with a reunion) and getting a birthday cake and lots of attention at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
October 1, 2011 will also be the 40th anniversary of the opening of Magic Kingdom.
Lots of stuff going on!
Whatever you choose - have fun planning!

forever a child
12-31-2010, 09:39 AM
October 1, 2011 will also be the 40th anniversary of the opening of Magic Kingdom.

DD is quite proud of the fact that she shares her Birthday with MK! :party:

Thanks! I am leaning towards late October into Early November right now as a potential date. DD would have to miss a week of school for her senior year...not sure about that...