PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any POFQ pics of the "new" rooms?

Dsnygirl
12-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi all --

We're considering POFQ for our summer trip... currently, we're booked at AKL, but thinking of giving POFQ a shot b/c we have so many friends who love it, the summer would be the prettiest time to be there... not to mention that it would save us a whole ton of $$! We love AKL, but have always wanted to try POFQ.

I've heard some not-so-great things about the rooms there recently, though, so would like to see and hear more about the rennovated rooms to help our decision. If anyone has any pics, that'd be great!!

Gregandmel
12-27-2010, 08:52 AM
I think there are a few people here on these boards who may see your thread and be able to private message you with the link. In the meantime, about 3 weeks ago I did a google search for refurbished rooms as Port Orleans French Quarter Disney World and with some digging, was able to find some new pictures. There is an "unofficial" site dedicated to Port orleans with tons of information and seems like I was able to get to it through this site. It was (all together) port orleans dot org. This may get erased but if you google it and dig a bit you can find it. I thought they looked great. :thumbsup:

forever a child
12-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks Melinda for the info on Port Orleans resorts! Great website!:thumbsup:

WDWCrazyKaren
12-27-2010, 02:05 PM
We'll be there in a week, and with any luck at all, we'll get a refurbished room. I'd love those queen size beds!

I'll be sure to get some photos if we are in one, and share them with Intercot.

waymickey
12-27-2010, 05:43 PM
don't know if this is breaking rules of any sort however, POR riverside has reported a lot of robberies. Many guests have lost items from their rooms and luggage. Cell phones, laptops, money and clothes. Be smart and use the safes for any valuables. I don't know about POR but WL has a great safe at the front desk that requires two keys to open. One you have and one the hotel has. We use this safe when we visit. Free of charge.

Melanie
12-27-2010, 05:48 PM
I'll be sure to get some photos if we are in one, and share them with Intercot.

Thank you Karen!

forever a child
12-27-2010, 05:53 PM
don't know if this is breaking rules of any sort however, POR riverside has reported a lot of robberies. Many guests have lost items from their rooms and luggage. Cell phones, laptops, money and clothes. Be smart and use the safes for any valuables. I don't know about POR but WL has a great safe at the front desk that requires two keys to open. One you have and one the hotel has. We use this safe when we visit. Free of charge.

Where do you learn of robberies reported for any resort or park?

waymickey
12-28-2010, 02:59 PM
I was looking for POR info and a bunch of newspaper articles from Orlando popped up. I read them and that is how I found out.

crltkcagle
12-28-2010, 04:47 PM
So are people breaking into the rooms or is it mousekeeping that is stealing? We go here every year and will be back in May. I always use the safe but my laptop will not fit in it. I do put my jewelry and money in the safe oh and our meds.

WDWCrazyKaren
12-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Safe it is! We don't bring a laptop, or frankly any valuables other than cell phones and cameras, which we will have with us.

We'll use the safe for our $$ and credit cards we don't take to the parks.

Thanks for the heads up!

If they really want our dirty clothes, I bet I'll be happy to buy new Disney apparel! :thumbsup:

waymickey
12-29-2010, 10:36 AM
It was not stated if it was mousekeeping or not just that guests have reported stolen items. My guess is that it is mousekeeping but I hate to think that. One report statd that the guest had their items in their suitcase. Thier room was not ready and was told to go and enjoy the parks and he would be called when the room was ready. When he got ot his room and began to unpack he noticed his stuff gone. So I guess that leads to many suspects. I tried to bring back the articles but no luck. Orlando sentenial And something like Orange county record. Is where I origianlly found the articles.

crltkcagle
12-29-2010, 11:15 AM
I have googled, binged, yahooed, and dogpiled and I can't find anything on crime at Port Orleans. If anyone has any links please message me them. I would really like more information on the robberies that are occurring there. Thanks!

mickey_M_lvr
12-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Ok I hate to being the only one to say this...but..when was the last time these people actually saw their stuff??? If using ME..you don't get your luggage yourself...OK so it arrives at you room missin items. So we blame the mousekeeping or Disney staff? How about the Airlines? Since you are not allowed to lock your suitcases anymore...things Do disappear.

On a happier note...I would love to see the pics from the upgrades. We will be there in Sept 2011. I can't wait.:thumbsup:

Crow
12-29-2010, 01:16 PM
go for POFQ. its tied for my fav mod & will save Money. AKL is nice but u may get a parking lot view like I had. and its location isnt as good except for AK.