PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Friend Of Pooh
12-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Just looking for some feed back on the backyard bbq. We are planning our trip for this coming June. We have 2DD 10 and 8 and 1DS age 5. Would anyone recommend this or not?

faline
12-27-2010, 11:34 AM
I've never attended but have heard mixed reports from others. Hopefully, someone with firsthand knowledge will be along soon.

JakeontheCob
12-27-2010, 02:26 PM
We went to the BBQ on our first visit to Disney World. For us, it was not too spectacular a meal. We happened to be staying in the FW cabins, so having another meal of chicken, beans, and corn was not exactly a great idea.

However, I thought the fun that followed the meal was worth it. The kids get to dance with the characters and really had a good time. It also happened to be my In-Laws anniversary so they were called up to dance together.

If you are not doing any other BBQ like meals then it won't be bad food.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention. It was the end of June when we went and was hot and humid. Since the entire thing is held outdoors (under a covered roof) it was incredibly hot and uncomfortable. Just something to keep in mind when deciding as I know I would have preferred a meal in air conditioning at that time of year.

Hope this helps.

TheVBs
12-27-2010, 04:04 PM
We went on our last trip, May 2009, and had a blast! We thought the food was good, the girls loved that they could go up and pick any Mickey ice cream treat or popsicle out of the coolers, the show was great, and the girls loved dancing with the characters. It was so much more fun than having the characters stop at the tables. Initially, we were disappointed that we didn't get a seat next to the big dance floor, but then realized we lucked out being by one of the smaller ones because the girls could get up and dance and we didn't lose them in the crowd. We enjoyed this one so much we're doing it again next year! :thumbsup: