PDA

View Full Version : Is just after Labor Day a good time to go...

johnw
12-25-2010, 07:50 PM
We were wondering after looking at all the dates and having a 4 year old not yet in school when we go would the days after Labor Day be a good time to visit Disney World? That way all the families are back from their vacations and the school age kids are back in school. Most schools where we live are waiting til after Labor Day to have school back in session from the summer. Any info would be welcomed. Thanks.
John in MI. :mickey:

princess mommy
12-25-2010, 08:10 PM
When my DD 12 was 4, we arrived late on Labor Day. The next day we went to MK and it was empty. Of course it was very hot and humid and we got a thunderstorm every afternoon. But we stayed in the gift shops on Main St. during the afternoon storm and as it let up, we hit Fantasyland. We were able to walk on anything we wanted and stay on if we wanted -even Dumbo. I know it seems that the World is always crowded and doesn't have much of an off-season but if you can put up with the potential for afternoon storms and beware of hurricane season and the heat, I would think just after Labor Day would be good. Have fun!

JenniferS.
12-25-2010, 08:44 PM
YES! We have gone that time a few times and it is awesome. Everything is decorated for halloween and they even have the halloween party going on certain nights. The crowd levels are VERY low. Most rides were walk ons w/ the more popular rides being 20-30 min waits w/ the exception of TSM. The only complaint for me is the weather. It is extremley HOT and HUMID! The brief afternoon thunderstorms weren't so bad. If you can deal w/ being in the heat, then I would strongly suggest you go this time of year. :) My kids are now school age, so we aren't able to go that time of year. Oh and another thing. Usually there is free dining, so it is a must that you make all your ressies because the restaurants are packed and usually no room for walk ups. Happy Planning!

faline
12-26-2010, 02:32 PM
As noted, it is quite hot and humid at this time of year but, typically, the crowds are much lower than at other times of year. I enjoy visiting during this time frame quite a lot!

TheVBs
12-27-2010, 04:05 PM
That's our favorite time to go!